ClaroSpeak is a high-quality text-to-speech reader capable of speaking any accessible text with a range of human-sounding high-quality voices.
ClaroSpeak offers the option of visual highlighting in-sync with the spoken words, a great range of color and font settings to allow for optimum reading, and word prediction to help with writing. ClaroSpeak is a quality app for proofreading text through listening, helping with reading and literacy development.
- Type into ClaroSpeak and then speak it back. Users can check text and proofread quickly and easily.
- You can import documents into ClaroSpeak from apps such as Mail. ClaroSpeak can open a range of document formats including Word doc, PDF and epub.
- Text from any app can be copied and pasted into ClaroSpeak ready to be read back.
- Apple's speech recognition can be used to dictate text directly into ClaroSpeak, and can be listened back to ensure it is right.
- The Apple spell check works in ClaroSpeak too, further helping accuracy.
• Text to Speech Voices
ClaroSpeak Free uses the iOS system voices. Buy extra high-quality Nuance Expressive and Acapela voices in-app.
• Word Prediction
Word prediction helps with writing more quickly and accurately. Train dictionaries from the current text so the best suggestions come up first.
• Visual Highlighting
Text is highlighted as the text is read back. Highlighting allows users to coordinate reading and listening. ClaroSpeak lets users pick the color and style of highlighting required.
There are four highlighting modes to choose from: None, Word by Word highlighting, Word Trail highlighting or Sentence highlighting.
• Font & Layout
Change the font type, size or color to suit your needs. Layout the text for easier reading by adjusting the character, line and paragraph spacing and adjusting the page margins. Text can be formatted bold, italic and underlined to emphasize.
• Send Text
Text created within ClaroSpeak can be emailed, sent via SMS, or copied and pasted into another app, like Safari – great to help ensure everything is right. The Apple spellcheck works in ClaroSpeak too, further helping accuracy. Sending to Facebook and Twitter lets you join in with social media.
• Dropbox and Google Drive Integration
Open documents stored in Dropbox or Google Drive directly in ClaroSpeak.
Unlock ClaroSpeak Plus features in-app and get the following great extra features:
• Capture text from photo (unlimited OCR) ***Minimum camera spec: 2MP***
• Save to Dropbox and Google Drive integration
• Speak in background
• Insert images into your documents
• Claro autocorrect
For the latest news, tips and advice follow @ClaroSpeak on Twitter.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes all the time
Every time I chose a document for the app to read the screen went black and the app would crash I had to just delete the app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with our ClaroSpeak app. If you do need assistance with any of our tools or software in the future, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Claro Software Limited
- 953.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Claro Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Standard & Plus Features $9.99
- Unlock Standard Features $4.99
- Unlock Plus Features $4.99
- Ryan $1.99
- Tracy $1.99
- Daniel $1.99
- Elle $1.99
- Biera $1.99
- Geeta $1.99
- Vani $1.99