Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.
Supports Apple Pencil on iPad Pro, updated for the new iPhone X.
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the move using your fingers at last! iDesign has unique features and offset controls which allows you to draw accurately with your finger not getting in the way or blocking your view.
Full feature compatibility and automatic sync of designs via iCloud with XDesign (Mac version).
Check out the iDesign Product Tour (YouTube) & User Guide (PDF) - at www.touchaware.com.
- A universal app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch which adapts to the native screen size of the device.
- An unobtrusive icon based visual and context driven user interface with a full screen board view
- Toolbars and panels with easy access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
Standard Tools & Functions
- Line, polyline, square, rectangle, circle, arc, ellipse, polygons, stars & path tools
- Copy and paste selected shapes and groups
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Object alignment tools
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Set a background image for tracing/marking over it
- Insert images, copy, paste, move, resize and position them accordingly
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations
- Create multiple layers to organize & separate design components
Unique Features for Touch Based Editing
- Offset handles for moving and positioning without your finger blocking the view
- Nudge controls, allows precise movement of selected shapes or selected points
- Delta transformations to apply incremental values by keyboard
Advanced Tools for Graphics Design
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control points, straighten and curve segments
- Text to path conversion
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
- Gradients / color blends
Advanced Tools for Technical Drawing
- Circle and Arc tool based on center, start/end point, radius and angle of arc
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
- Support for Feet+Inches+Fractions (U.S & older unit system) - Architectural formatting option for Dimensions - Dynamic grid supporting feet, inches and inch fractions at different zoom levels
Units & Board Setup
- Support for standard and custom board sizes.
- Set a drawing scale
- Full set of standard unit systems.
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points
- Unit aware rulers
Export/Import & Print
- Export designs to JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats
- Import SVG files
- Share your designs with other iDesign users via Email
- Dropbox support for Export, Import
- AirPrint Support
Shape Library available as a subscription - US$11.99/year. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings.
- Fixed exporting design as PNG with transparent background to Photo Library.
- Fixed option "Open in iDesign" to import and open iDesign files directly from attachments in Mail app.
- Added ability for the app to use custom installed fonts.
- Updated for iOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked for 3 minutes(problem resolved)
Update: After installing a new iOS update (11.2.6) the problem appears to have resolved itself for now. I will however note that I sent in a service ticket to the app developer and received a blazing fast response with good information on how to potentially resolve the issue, however I had already fixed it with the update.
Original review: Downloaded, drew 3 lines, tried a few things to edit a line and the app just froze. Closed the app and restarted it. After the splash screen it goes to "loading" indefinitely. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it loads to the blank workspace with the tools along the edge but nothing works when you click on it. Close and restart and it's back to the indefinite loading situation. It's currently completely unusable.
Han hecho buenas mejoras
Llevo uno o dos años utilizando este programa de diseño en mi tableta. Tengo que ser honesto en mencionar que al principio tuve varios problemas con el programa, sin embargo reconozco que han hecho buenos cambios que lo han mejorado. Soy artesano y trabajo en maderas y me ha servido de gran ayuda. En el pasado utilizaba Adobe Ilustrator para diseñar lo mismo que estoy haciendo ahora. Espero que los productores continúen realizando mejoras.
I've been using this design program on my tablet for a year or two. I have to be honest in mentioning that at the beginning I had several problems with the program, however I recognize that they have made good changes that have improved it. I am a craftsman and work in wood and it has been of great help to me. In the past I used Adobe ilustrator to design the same thing I'm doing now. I hope that the producers continue making improvements.
The Perfect Balance
Idesign is by far the most useful vector drawing app I've purchased for the ipad. It strikes the perfect balance between powerful tools and uncluttered user interface. It's the first app I've found that works the way I do -- the tools are intuitive and I'm only limited by my imagination in how to use them. Having onboard dimensional tools is a life-saver. As a quilt designer, my pieces have to fit together exactly and I appreciate the ability to get accurate drawings that I can then use for templates and electronic cutting machines. The app works well with its Mac companion XDesign and with the iphone iDesign as well. The developer is quick to respond to questions -- even when I've overlooked the answer in the manual. Thanks iDesign for a great product.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TouchAware Limited
- 48.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 TouchAware Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Shape Library $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.