Control Your Home From Anywhere.
The doorbell rings, but you’re not expecting visitors. With the iDor Mobile™ app, you can immediately see who’s at your door. Using your iPhone or iPad, you can now communicate with your visitors from your home or remotely on a 3G/4G/LTE network.
• When someone rings your doorbell or presses the call button, an image automatically appears on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch. You can now talk directly with your visitor and decide if you want to open the door.
• If you have multiple cameras installed, you can also switch between interior and exterior views of your home. You can use a soft button to call up the elevator to your floor or even your apartment.
As long as you are within the wireless range of your home or are accessing a 3G/4G/LTE network, iDor Mobile is always ready for you — it’s the most useful innovation since the invention of the doorbell!
All you need to control the iDor Mobile app is the controller, an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Watch with Version 11 and up, a Siedle or iDor Mobile video intercom system, and a wireless or 3G/4G/LTE connection. Is your intercom system older? No problem — iDor Mobile is compatible with most video intercom systems
- Performance improvements
- Crash fixed when door name incl. numerals
Ratings and Reviews
This is the app I use to let people into our apartment building, like friends or deliver persons, but there are some improvements that elevate this app considerably.
- When sending a notification, include a sound and vibration option. Right now the notification simply appears and doesn’t actually notify the person. This is incredibly annoying for me and the person waiting for me to answer.
- Move the controls to the home screen. There is no reason they need to be hidden behind a tab/button.
- When tapping a button, provide feedback that the intended action was completed. For example, when “unlocking” an elevator or mailroom, the virtual button doesn’t provide enough feedback to appear as though it actually completed the task.
- UI seems pretty outdated in general. Some updated visuals and layout would go a LONG way!
This is the most frustrating app I’ve ever used.
This is the most frustrating app I’ve ever used. Such a simple concept - someone rings the bell, you pick it up and let them in. Somehow, however, this tiny app is riddled with bugs and a terrible user experience. In under a year of use of this system, I’ve had countless bad experiences trying to let package deliveries into the building. I get the notification for the doorbell ring, but God forbid if I answer more than 10 seconds after the notification comes in, the app bugs out and I’m left just staring at the delivery courier without any way to talk to them or open the door.
The main design decision that they’ve royally screwed up is that they’ve chosen to only allow you to open the door when someone rings. And due to the bugs, you only have ~8 seconds from when you receive the notification to open it.
I don’t know how this app has so many good reviews. Literally everyone in my building hates it. I imagine they’ve bought reviews as all of the 5 star reviews look extremely robotic. We’re evaluating replacing the system now and I’d recommend anyone considering systems to steer clear of this one.
Needs to have notifications
I never know when someone is calling from the front door of our apartment building because this app does not notify me. It has a silent pop up that will come and go. This is extremely useless in the event that we need to know when someone is trying to get “buzzed” inside or when there’s mail/delivery and I need to let my packages inside. Would not recommend this system or app if it’s for an apartment building or home.
Also if I open the app to see who is outside, the app crashes and I have to constantly attempt to re open the app and click the “front door” button again and again. I usually tell people to call me directly now and I’ll physically come let them inside, so there is really no convenience for having this app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- iDor Mobile LLC
- 31.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © iDor Mobile LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.