Driving ride share for Uber or another company? Use this FREE app to find out how much money you REALLY make from your driving business.
Turn on iDrive as you start every shift. Use the app to create the tax records you need to claim tax deductible expenses.
Using the rate or a Vehicle Log Book approach? Simply turn iDrive on and off as you drive each shift. The app tracks actual Total Shift Mileage—about double partner-reported fare mileage—ready to use at tax time. It's easy.
Itemizing expenses? Add fuel and all business-related expenses—with a picture of each receipt—to create tax records. iDrive uses entered odometer readings to calculate Business Use % of your car, ready to use at tax time. It's simple.
Want to better understand your business and make more money? Actively manage your driving strategy. Add shift targets, fares, and view the results. See any patterns? What can you change? Where, when, and how you drive affect your profit! You're a pro.
Because iDrive is developed by rideshare drivers, this app is more than a tax recordkeeping tool. Additional features include:
EASY INITIAL SETUP
The app needs to work for you. Customize app Settings with your accounting and vehicle details.
• Use Metric or Imperial Units
• App supports multiple currencies
• Use automatic GPS tracking or change to manual odometer entry
• Set tax fiscal year (FY)
- 5 initial settings set local tax rules
- App reports current FY data, change to view prior FYs
- Back up (and restore) entire database by FY
• Define and record information on multiple cars, by each car
• Enter annual/quarterly odometer readings (for Business Use %)
• Car Cost Calculator estimates how much a car may cost to use
DRIVING WITH iDRIVE
View key shift information while you are driving—driving time, $/hr, driving efficiency. Note interesting end-of-shift information—fare type graph, total shift map.
Use these bonus features when you need them.
Take Me Home!
• Lost in a city or suburb? One tap launches a map to get you back to familiar territory!
Find Best Fuel Price List—check for cheap fuel before you fill up.
• Price List automatically updates as local iDrive users buy fuel
• Nearest (50 mi) and latest (7 days) fuel prices recorded in your area
• Tap item (map or list) for map/directions to that station
• Pre-define information for quick reference to rarely-visited but Important Locations
• See a map of all Important Locations and filter by location type
• Get directions to any Important Location
• Use pre-sets to call or send text or email messages to loved ones
MANAGING YOUR RECORDS
Routinely save data records off your phone to keep tax records safe.
• Export CSV files and receipt images to your cloud account or email
- Work Logs (contain all shift details, including total shift mileage)
- Expense Log (fuel and business-related purchase details)
- Receipt images from your phone's gallery
Routinely export your database to back up the app
• This Backup file can install your existing records on a new phone
ANALYZE YOUR BUSINESS
If you enter shift time/$ targets and add fare details every time you drive, view these iDrive reports.
• My Money: entering all income and expense creates Profitability and Cash Flow estimates
• My Hourly Rates: shift start/end times calculate average $/Hr (before and after expenses)
• Productivity by Day of Week: fare totals by the day of the week compare productivity
• Shift Targets: compare actual vs. target income and hours history (app-recorded shift data only)
• Driving Efficiency: compare Paid/Non Paid shift mileage by month (app-recorded shift data only)
Updated for latest IOS version
Ratings and Reviews
Update took away what I liked and what I used.
It would have been 5 stars but the update took the screen at the beginning away. It’s harder to find to see what I have done for the week, year, and what happened to my mileage I’ve logged since January? I can’t find that.
Don’t count on this app!!
Keep your info in some other form because if you rely on this app, there’s no guarantee that it’ll be available when you go back to it. I took a break today for several hours between drives and was going back in to add a tip I had gotten between the shifts and all of my information that I entered this morning was gone! It also doesn’t do a very good job of figuring your gas mileage, so definitely keep your information somewhere else! The app also tends to close randomly so it’s not very stable. I guess you get what you pay for, but I’m so glad I was just test driving this app, so to speak, and not counting on it to hold onto my information.
Developer Response ,
You are right to be concerned, but your data is not lost When you take a break (longer than 1/2 hour), the app starts a second shift. Your original data is still there, you just did not look for it. This is so you can track you $/hr better. You can edit anything about your first shift anytime up until you start the second. You can't edit shifts while in.a shift. Please go back and look. You will see your data.
Great Idea poor execution
I love the idea and the potential behind this app for uber drivers. However it is filled with flaws and some the information that the app provides is hard to understand and their are no resources to help or explain the workings of this app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NextWave Mobile Apps Ltd
- 167.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Nextwave Mobile Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Easy Expense Tracker Sync $4.99
- Easy Expense Tracker - Cloud $4.99