IKEA Home smart 1 app
Works with TRÅDFRI gateway
It’s easy with the IKEA Home smart 1 app and TRÅDFRI gateway. Use one setting for early morning lighting and music, another for late evenings and a third for cooking or working at home.
You can dim, turn off, turn on, change colours and switch from warm to cold light. Raise or lower blinds. Turn on your music – then turn it up, turn it down or pause it. And you can even control your air purifier to improve the air quality at home.
With the IKEA Home smart 1 app, you can also connect to Apple Home, Amazon Alexa or Google Home and control it all with your voice.
What you’ll get with the IKEA Home smart 1 app and TRÅDFRI gateway:
• The ability to control your lights and blinds from the app
• The ability to turn audio on and off, pause it and control volume
• Customisable settings, including changing the position of blinds, light colours and choosing warm or cold light
• Timers with morning and evening options
• The ability to turn your air purifier on and off, and set it to a fan speed that suits the needs of your home
We're constantly updating the app to improve your experience. This release includes the following updates:
• We have changed to a new icon, added a number to this app and named it “IKEA Home smart 1”
Ratings and Reviews
Easy and Cheap
If you are looking for a way to do smart lights on the cheap, the IKEA solution is pretty amazing. It took me a little bit to figure out how to set it all up, but compared to actual IKEA furniture it was pretty much a breeze!
The IKEA Smart Home app and lineup of products does pretty much all the stuff you’d expect, although I’d like to see a few things added:
(1) I would love a sleep timer that will gradually dim or just shut off the lights after you activate it. Currently, you can only set up the app to turn the lights on/off at fixed times.
(2) More full RBG bulbs! IKEA smart bulbs come in two types: adjustable white tones (think warm vs blue light) and fully adjustable color bulbs. The distinction isn’t always clear on the website or products. I would love some full color adjustable bulbs for some of the smaller sizes such as the GU10. I would also love a color adjustable LED smart strip!!!
(3) Customizable UI for App: the IKEA App is very clean, but I would like if you could custom size aspects like the limit on the number of scenes you can put on your main dashboard.
(4) iOS widget: would love to be able to control my lights right off the Home Screen vs. going into the app.
Any or some of these improvements would elevate this to a 5 star product for me. If you’re on the fence about this product, I highly recommend you go for it!
A bit of a pain to setup, but works great after that
It takes a while to setup and get everything to pair correctly (3-4 tries per item), but once everything is connected, it works well. Would like to see it add HomeKit compatibility, but that's not a deal-breaker for me. The setup does require a different controller for each set of lights you connect if you want to control them separately (one for living room, one for bedroom, etc).
A previous reviewer mentioned that they couldn't pair their lights The to the gateway. I ran into this problem at first, but figured out that you have to connect the remote to the gateway first, before you can connect the lights. The setup wizard skipped that when I first tried to set it up but the Help section sent me in the right direction. I also had to reset the gateway before I could get the remote to successfully pair. Just keep trying. Hope this helps!
Works but Very buggy
It is ridiculous homeSmart does not have Cloud Integration for remote access after several years on market or a means to provide port forwarding to be able to control Trådfri hub from app. Sonos integration is not polished and crashes a lot hence my only view is to use the Sonos app but the effort to create a Sonos integration is nice overall as it helps bring down the inflated price of Sonos. Would love a Connect device for existing stereo that did not cost $350 a pop. Lights since they are on Zigbee Light Standard are better to integrate with SmartThings/HomeAssistant or if lucky integrate with Hue app. HomeSmart needs a lot work from Ikeas software development team in my opinion to compete competitively with Hue.
Also random issues with not able to connect to Hub from app although directly connected on same network. Many areas for improvement.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
- 149 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Inter IKEA Systems B. V. 2017-2018