Turn your iPhone into an MPC with more than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow.
Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at email@example.com.
iMPC brings the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPhone. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily. With features including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats, the possibilities are endless. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPhone, using the line input on the iPhone, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Effects include delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note - 1/32T timing, with latch
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from hundreds of compatible apps
Here are the fixes included in this update. Please let us know if you have any questions by emailing directly at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
- Fix pitch/tempo bug for newer iPhones that don't have headphone jacks
- Interface changes accomodate newer iPhones that don't have home buttons
- Better Bluetooth audio support
- Updated UI support, including...
- Added iMPC Pro 2 in the left hand menu
- Moved transport control from swipe up bottom into main UI
- Removed swipe up from bottom gestures throughout app
Ratings and Reviews
Everything is good but this......
I love that fact that you can sample songs and them remix them and so on and so forth, but Apple slammed the DMR on all of my Apple Music songs. It is much harder to sample the music that I want very quickly, and it is frustrating and time consuming. I would like for us to be able to load music from other apps like the Apple iCloud files, documents, etc. All from my iPhone.
The app is great! Good quality, easily accessible, and very fun!
Great potential, but limited
**Updating my review since the most recent app update. I lowered my rating to 2 stars. When are they going to listen to their customers!!! Still no interapp audio or Audiobus support. The exporting of beats still has dead space at the end of the beat making it loopable only if you trim it. This app is still no match for iMaschine....it could be...the iPad version is much better, but the iPhone version gets tossed...what a shame.**
This app is a solid drum machine, second in sounds only to iMaschine. However, I wish iMPC worked better in the iPhone. They give the iPad version all these sweet updates and the iPhone version gets neglected. I contacted support for the app and they promise Audiobus and inter app audio is on the way, but time just ticks away...no cool update yet. All iMPC can do for the iPhone is work as a sketch pad...if you try to export a beat it does not export it as a loopable rhythm and if you export to AudioCopy the sound gets all distorted...they dropped the ball for iPhone use 😕🤔
thank you so much for updating! I use this to make beats when I'm on the road all the time. it's still not easy to swipe sideways for different menus (it only works when I use my pointer finger and drag the tiny area that has hatch marks specifically), if this function were made easier it would be much easier to navigate the menus. thanks again for this amazing tool of creativity!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Akai Professional
- 82.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.