iMPC Pro 2 fuses innovative song creation with the iconic MPC workflow. iMPC Pro gave us a powerful sampler and beatmaker, and now iMPC Pro 2 has evolved into a full fledged song creation tool with the addition of vocal tracks, Audio Units integration, a sleek new design and tons of new features!
Within the audio tracks, you can time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange your audio clips in real time. The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. You can choose from multiple input sources to record, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces, and IAA. Import existing projects from iMPC Pro and add your vocal tracks easily.
AUDIO UNIT TRACKS:
You can now load any Audio Units instrument into an Audio Unit Track! Control your AU instrument with a classic piano keyboard interface and an iMPC interface with note variation, Flux Link, Note Repeat, 16 Levels, and more. The app also features an improvement to the workflow for song creation. Song sequencing is faster, more powerful, and more flexible, so you have complete creative control.
100% NEW SOUND KIT AND MORE:
Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover some of the most iconic and cutting-edge beat genres available, from producers including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic. Each kit includes 16 Hi Quality samples featuring sounds from 808’s to melodic hits and stabs, designed for the best user experience possible.
iMPC Pro 2 also comes with 5 additional Sound Packs for FREE (valued at $35). Grab these packs in the AudioCopy Content Store: Essential Club Collection, Classic Cuts, Dub 2 DnB, Melodic Collection, and The Diploma! You can use them in hundreds of AudioCopy compatible apps (including iMPC and iMPC Pro).
Unlock producer secrets and learn how to become a full fledged song creator with this tutorial series. iMPCU unlocks one course per day and gives you the tools you need to take your music to the next level. Fun for both new and experienced users, iMPC Pro 2 offers an expansive dive into the world of beatmaking and song editing through these courses. We’re excited for you to try it!
- Record from built in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, instruments, etc.
- Record from Inter App Audio Apps
- Warp Tracks and Clips to match tempo
- Access several quick editing features on Audio Clips (Pitch shift, Time Stretch, Amplify, Crop, Split, Duplicate)
- Drag to arrange Audio Clips, snap them to an adjustable grid setting
- Advanced waveform editing
- Audio Unit tweak mode with full keyboard support (including 2 dozen scale modes from Chromatic to Blues to Aeolian)
- 100% New Sound Set, with 5 additional free Sound Packs
- Sample sounds from Spotify
- 64 Track Mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange, and one Inter App Audio Effect)
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Tracks View shows an overview of all the tracks in your song
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- IAA and Ableton Link support
- Share beats and songs seamlessly to YouTube
- 4 Mute Groups and custom-designed envelope filters for all pads
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Improved integration and support for iMPC Pro Packs and other Sound Packs from the AudioCopy Content Store
- Expert MIDI support including expanded options, multiple maps, and more
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- New Song Arrangement workflow and integrated Song Mode makes song creation easier than ever
- Drag entire Folders and Sound Packs directly to pads to load many sounds at once
fixed missing ui in the mixer
Ratings and Reviews
worth the money?
90% the same as impc pro as far as useful functionality for my needs goes. A few recs: There is no ability to import Factory Sounds from Pro to Pro 2. No ability to rename Tracks. And to transfer Projects from Pro to Pro 2 you have to use the archaic Itunes File Transfer process with your computer. Perhaps the Audio and AU Track record will come in handy for some. But the midi edit and audio edit features are not as good as those in, such as, Cubasis. Just me, but there is a 32 bar limit to the Tracks view Audi and IAA recordings. So you have to go from sequence to sequence to use the track editors for Full Song edits that may span Sequences. And Import/Export doesn’t directly connect to any useful libraries for me, like icloud, dropbox, audioshare. But if you’re clever you can make things happen using Audiocopy as an intermediary. If you like Impc Pro, you’ll like Impc Pro 2 better, and maybe the $25 cost will help the developers add more Ease of Use and interoperability features. Personally, I use impc only as input to Cubasis where its ez to edit, mix, import/export. But with the new record options, its becoming more a part of my Stable.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for your thoughtful review. I can see that you're really diving deep into the workflow for iMPC Pro 2! Have you updated to our most recent version – some of these things have been improved since you wrote your review. We're currently testing a feature that allows for better workflow between iMPC Pro 1 and 2, specifically with transferring projects between the apps. Would you like to be added to our beta testing list? If so, email us at email@example.com and we'll get you set up. - Taylor
well worth the money
so i just purchased impcPro 2 last week for my ipad and i think it’s great except for a few minor things and this could just be me not fully understanding the program yet as i am still figuring things out but the most annoying thing is when i take the time to set up a drum kit on say, track 1. it works great and when i save it and return that drum kit is still there but if i build a drum kit for more than track 1, 2,3,4,5 etc. the kits that i built are never there when i return after a save, i get beats continuum as my default kits and it kills me cause then i have to go build them all over again but like i said except for track 1, it’s always there. am i doing something wrong? is this just not a feature? would be great if it was though and my only other things that would make this absolutely perfect are time stretching and being able to edit and manipulate my tracks right on the track screen. i can’t eliminate or add individual notes at all. again, am i just missing something? when you pair this with garage band , it’s an unfucking stoppable hip hop war machine!
The Best Beat Making App
iMPC Pro 2 has the best sound engine on iOS. I have tried all other apps that are comparable such as, BeatMaker 3, FruityLoops, and Maschine. The only app that has a sound engine as great as iMPC Pro 2 is Garbageband. However, Garageband’s work flow doesn’t come close to iMPC Pro for me. I sample and use a lot of outside apps for melodies I play myself. Try it. Load some drum into iMPC Pro 2 and the same drums in any other app. They won’t sound the same compared to iMPC Pro 2. It’s just crispier. It has the MPC punch to it. The only problem I have with it is the time stretching of samples they become glitchy and stutter when you stretch them and play in different pitches. Not cool at all. I still work around it by not stretching my samples. BeatMaker 3 has you guys beat in that category. Fix it. I read a comment about recording full songs vocal-wise? MPCs aren't made for that. It’s not a Daw. When has it ever been? That’s it. Buy it. One more thing. Getting files into the app is a breeze, and that’s thanks to Apple themselves. You can dump all the sounds you want into your app using files in iOS. iMPC Pro 2 has a folder!!!!!
Developer Response ,
iMPC 1 if you are an existing owner will be under your purchases in the app store. You can use the import tool in iMPC Pro 2 to bring your content from 1 also. If not sure please drop us a email firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Akai Professional
- 217.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Akai Professional and Retronyms
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.