Add a whole new dimension of realism to your Infinite Flight experience with this polished, third-party add-on to Infinite Flight, the best mobile flight sim on the App Store!
Hear over 30 co-pilot voice samples during your flight, whether it's takeoff callouts like "V₁", "Rotate!", or "Positive Rate", or whether it's warnings when speed limits are being approached, or confirmation callouts when setting flaps or gear settings.
In-Flight Assistant is NOT a flight simulator itself but rather requires Infinite Flight to provide voice callouts and realistic automated warnings for your flights.
Check out a 7-minute video of the app in action at: http://www.inflightassistant.info
HOW IT WORKS
Start In-Flight Assistant, then launch Infinite Flight on the same device - you'll hear a confirmation that In-Flight Assistant is connected. It will now be watching your flight and provide the callouts as you configured them within the app. It's that simple!
The following callouts are provided:
• "80 knots"
• "Positive Rate"
• "Let's watch our speed, captain" warning when taxiing or flying too fast
• "Gear up/down" confirmation
• "Flaps at XXX degrees" / "Flaps Final" confirmations
• Spoiler status
• 4 voices, including Mark 'Skyhawk Heavy' Denton!
• Autofill feature for v-speeds (NEW)
PASSENGER ANNOUNCEMENTS (IN-APP PURCHASE)
* Welcome aboard announcement
* Arm doors for departure & cross-check
* Safety briefing
* Flight attendants, take seats for takeoff (when turning on strobes)
* "You may move about the cabin now, etc."
* Descent beginning
* Welcome post-landing
RUNWAY AWARENESS AND ADVISORY SYSTEM (IN-APP PURCHASE)
* "APPROACHING RUNWAY 12R", "ON RUNWAY 12R"
* "CAUTION TAXIWAY"
* "FLAPS FLAPS"
* "UNSTABLE UNSTABLE"
* "TOO HIGH TOO HIGH"
* "TOO FAST TOO FAST"
* Many more..
AUTOMATED GPWS WARNINGS, FLIGHT ALERTS, SIMPLE VNAV (IN-APP PURCHASE)
Experience fully-featured GPWS warning callouts such as "TOO LOW, GEAR", "SINK RATE", or "PULL UP!" - in accordance with the specification of the real-world Honeywell MK VI GPWS system - with all 6 modes supported, including turboprop alternative settings (automatically detected), Steep Approach Bias, Flap Override settings, and more.
(NEW) Also provides a waypoint proximity alert system and a simplified "VNAV" system where you can set altitudes and speeds you want the autopilot to have per waypoint!
The following callouts are provided:
• Autopilot disconnect warning sound (Airbus / Boeing)
• "GLIDESLOPE" both quiet and loud, depending on how low you are
• "PULL UP! PULL UP!"
• "TERRAIN! TERRAIN!"
• "DON'T SINK"
• "TOO LOW, TERRAIN"
• "TOO LOW, GEAR"
• "TOO LOW, FLAPS"
• "APPROACHING MINIMUMS"
• "MINIMUMS" or "MINIMUMS, MINIMUMS" (configurable)
• "BANK ANGLE" based on aircraft type, altitude, speed, autopilot setting, etc.
• "RETARD, RETARD" when landing in an Airbus
VOICE COMMANDS (IN-APP PURCHASE)
Using a headset mic, use voice commands to control many of the airplane's systems! Once it is set up, In-Flight Assistant will be listening for your voice to say things like "gear up", "set heading 2-3-0", and much more, and your co-pilot will set the autopilot settings for you!
IMPORTANT A headset and a quiet environment is recommended for best accuracy. The stronger your non-American accent, the less accurate the recognition may work.
Huge thanks to the entire Infinite Flight community for their amazing support, as well as Laura & Infinite Flight for providing an awesome API that makes apps like this one possible.
Additional thanks to Cam (maker of LiveFlight) for his open-source API examples.
Thanks to Jan (www.helpathand.nl) for his audio engineering assistance!
In-Flight Assistant is not affiliated with Infinite Flight.
New in 1.91
- 1.91: Fix VNAV screen no longer showing the flight plan
- 1.90: Added a new button “Disable All” to GPWS so that you can disable GPWS alerts for your Cessna flights or if you just don’t want to be hearing “PULL UP” all the time.
- 1.90: Fixed some v-speeds for the autofill feature: CRJ-200 was giving way too high v-speeds, and the C130-J was missing entirely
- 1.90: RAAS now will correctly use your Indicated Airspeed instead of your ground speed to check for the “TOO FAST, TOO FAST” callout
- 1.90: Removed the autopilot disconnect sound from TBM and the 777-200 since IF has its own autopilot disconnect sound for those.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App! Fix the VNAV
I love the add on! I get to hear things I’ve always wanted to! The only downside is there is no way to take control within Infinite Flight. For example, if I have FL10 set for a certain fix, and I reach FL10 before the next fix, the plane will just sit there until it does. What if I want to continue the climb before my next fix. You would think to just turn the VS off. But no, IF-Assistant turns it right back on and follows the VNAV plan. In other words, there should be a way to manually take control of the VNAV without having to go back to IF-Assistant and cancelling any speed or altitude restrictions.
Amazing app but could be even better
I love this app and I consistently use it for almost every single one of my flights on infinite flight. I love the RAAS capabilities as well as the flight attendant calls. Although this is great I think a great addition to the game would be a TCAS system. I have no idea if this would be possible or hard to make in game but I think that would really give IF the most realism. It could have a warning if an aircraft turns orange (gets with in 3 miles at similar altitudes) that you would hear a TRAFFIC TRAFFIC call out and possibly even aircraft type, altitude, and in what direction they are in relation to you. It would be even cooler if when an aircraft gets to be red that you get the CLIMB CLIMB and the DESCEND DESCEND warnings. This would bring an amazing realism feel to the game. Again I have no idea if this is possible but if it was I would really appreciate that and I think others would too. Regardless this is still a really good app and does a good job at what it’s supposed to do. Thanks for making such an amazing app.
Oh how much I love this app
Everything is perfect, and it works so well with infinite flight. Thank you. However, in the next update, could you include German or Spanish(or both) for flight attendant voices? Or remove one of the French people? Maybe replace one of the with a Dutch voice? And if you were to add any new languages, could you include what language they speak next to their names to make it a bit easier. And if possible, could you maybe as well add an option to include the announcement that the meal service will begin shortly for long haul flight? That way you can select if you want the flight attendant to say that the meal service will “start shortly”. It would be amazing if there was an option to turn it on or off, based on the length of the flight. For example you can turn it on for an 11 hour flight from SFO-FRA, but turn it off for a 1 hour flight from SFO-LAX.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Goering
- 161.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 John Goering
- In-App Purchases
- Passenger Announcements $4.99
- GPWS Warnings $4.99
- RAAS - Runway Advisory System $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.