Indigo Touch is an iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch optimized App for remotely controlling lighting, appliances, HVAC, ceiling fans, sprinklers, etc., from anywhere in the world. It will automatically connect to the required Indigo Smart Home Hub software (v6 or better), installed in your home on a Mac, to communicate with Z-Wave, INSTEON and/or X10 compatible hardware. Additionally, many more devices and protocols are supported via 3rd Party Plugins. Now you can adjust your home's thermostat, run the sprinkler, open the garage door, unlock the front door, and turn off the lights from anywhere you have an internet/data connection!
Although Indigo Touch can immediately connect to our Demo Server so you can see it in action, controlling your home requires that you have installed the Indigo Smart Home Hub software on your Mac. Indigo is NOT FREE, although there is a 30 day free trial available. See MAC REQUIREMENTS below for more details.
For support, please contact us directly using the contact form on our website rather than requesting help via a review.
- Instant control and access to all your smart home devices
- One touch UI controls for lighting, appliances, sprinklers, ceiling fans, and HVAC
- Execute any Indigo defined Action Groups
- View any Indigo defined Variables (house mode, etc.)
- Real time updates of all hardware (brightness, temperature, active zone, sensor values, etc.)
- Real time updates of all variable values
- View all custom 3rd Party Plugin device information
- Control Page viewer for custom user defined UI pages
- Bonjour enabled to get you connected with a single touch (no IP addresses needed!)
- Easy remote access from anywhere via an optional Indigo Reflector subscription (eliminates router and dynamic IP configuration and provides secure communications)
- Indigo Smart Home Hub software v6.1+ (some functionality works with Indigo v4.1+ as well)
- Supported computer interface required to use built-in protocols (Z-Stick, PowerLinc, CM15, etc.)
- Smart home devices (lighting, sprinkler, HVAC, fans, sensors, etc.)
- Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard or better (10.7.5+)
FOR MORE INFO VISIT
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This new version of Indigo Touch improves performance, security, and reliability. Enhancements include:
• Native 64-bit processor support
• UI for controlling door locks
• iPad Slide Over and Split View compatibility
• Automatic database name change detection when a reflector is being used
• Improved security and performance using iOS App Transport Security
• Improved handling of image caching and new manual clear cache button in settings panel
• Improved communication error reporting
Ratings and Reviews
My Indigo, aside from automating house lights and such, also automates the play of music through the house using Airfoil. My main use of Touch is to select a second source of music if I don’t like what the present chosen schedule. A simple hit of a button will switch me to a playlist, internet radio station, or connect to the radio that feeds the in-line input of the Mac Mini that runs Indigo.
Awesome Home Automation
Been using for years can’t say enough good things about this app. Timers, motion, lights ceiling fans oh my. Still looking for ways to save energy and time and just have the coolest, simplest, secure daily routine. One tap can do so many things.
Still great. I have been able to interface with Siri and our brand new HomePods. Still working through it but I would love to see the Perceptive Automation team build in this core functionality themselves (it may cost to buy in to the program or something) rather than rely on a GitHub download. Note the current 3rd party Homebridge plugin connects to a remote server (thanks Little Snitch), maybe just an update process but now updates have been released in quite a while. It would be extremely sad to lose this functionality, speaking to turn lights on will forever be the future. Jay and Matt are groundbreaking heroes. They should be on the Fortune 500, no joke. But we know the product is safe and secure. I feel great about that. I would forgo features to know they are continuing to not monetize user data in a compromising way. Privacy is important especially when devices are listening! (Fart noises). Thanks PA, M&J.
Perfect app and support
I use the app in conjunction with a complex home system with 50 or so switches, a dozen controllers, and 50 or so conditional schedules (evening lights on etc). The initial hardware (17 years ago) was X10 based, but about 50% has now been replaced by Insteon dimmer switches. Indigo perfectly supports this mixed technology allowing me a smooth and inexpensive transition. The app is very simple to use and works extremely well. The technical support team is fantastic. Both in their expertise and the responsiveness. The one thing I would recommend them to add is the Home Pod, Alexa, and Google voice interface for the app. Perhaps initially just HomePod as it is in the same echo system. Special kudos to Matt from the tech team who expertly debugged en error caused by another Mac that ran in the background an old and long forgotten Indigo server.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Perceptive Automation, LLC.
- 16.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Perceptive Automation, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.