Inko brings collaborative drawing to the Mac that can now be used in drawing sessions alongside iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV.
Inko is a collaborative whiteboard that lets you draw together using multiple iPad, iPhone or Mac, and even interact on Apple TV. Ideal for team coworkers in a brainstorming session, for a creative classroom project, or for an interactive meeting between a graphic designer and their client.
Create a group and just start drawing together! No need for complex network setup, or even any network at all, thanks to nearby connectivity. Be it in a bar, or on the beach. Oh, and your drawing even goes to the big screen too thanks to the free companion app for Apple TV! It instantly connects and interacts with all devices in the room. A great alternative to those bulky & expensive interactive boards. Inko 2 now brings remote collaboration over the Internet(*), Dark Mode support, a Mac app, and much more.
Even though Inko is both simple and intuitive, it's also backed with advanced features like beautiful pixel-free rendering that stays sharp when zooming in. It also offers precise Apple Pencil support for an amazing drawing experience, lag-free and undo-capable real-time interactions, as well as hi-res PDF exports to share with your group when you’re done.
COLLABORATION & CONNECTIVITY
• Highly responsive, "appears-as-it-happens" multi-user drawing with no lag.
• Participants’ labels on drawing trails that show who is currently drawing.
• Nearby collaboration: nomadic connectivity for local devices, even without Wi-Fi access point (peer-to-peer or LAN).
• Remote collaboration: seamless connectivity over the Internet for global reach via invitation link sharing.
• Up to 8 participants for peer-to-peer connectivity or 12 participants for LAN/Internet.
• Group saving for quick setup of future sessions.
• Security & privacy: TLS connection between devices (nearby) and end-to-end encryption with daily data removal on server (remote).
• No account creation.
DRAWING & VISUALIZATION
• Beautiful pixel-free visualization that stays sharp when zooming, as well as vibrant colors on wide color displays (P3).
• High-performance Metal rendering.
• Extensive Apple Pencil support (finger action, angle, pressure, high-speed & predictive sampling).
• Lasso editing: select, move, rescale.
• Ephemeral highlighter to point things out. On Apple TV, it even features innovative motion-driven interaction with the remote, like a laser pointer.
• Single- and multi-user undo/redo & reliable syncing.
• Optimized for latest iOS: file sharing, Split View Multitasking on iPad, Drag & Drop, Today Widget, Quick Actions, Universal Link, Siri Shortcuts, SF Symbols, Smart Screenshot, Dark Mode…
• Universal app for iPad, iPhone & Mac. Free Apple TV companion app(**).
• Export images, hi-res PDF, or native archive for a productive workflow.
• iCloud sync for personal drawings.
Multi-user collaboration requires a subscription. Two plans are proposed that enable all your devices (iPad, iPhone, Mac) and let other users join using just the free app:
• Nearby Plan ($1.99/month, $9.99/year) enables local collaboration over peer-to-peer or LAN.
• Remote Plan ($3.99/month, $29.99/year) enables remote collaboration over the Internet. Also includes all features of Nearby Plan.
Both plans offer a fully functional 7-day free trial. The free app provides full drawing capabilities in single-user mode, lets you access, organize, & export your drawings, and let you try out nearby collaboration for 5-minute time-limited sessions. Volume purchase (VPP) is available for schools & businesses: see Inko (Volume Ed.).
HELP & FEEDBACK
Send your questions/feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
(*) requires Remote Plan
(**) only works with local connectivity. With older Apple TV models, you can use AirPlay Mirroring.
• Fixes an issue that caused a participant's device to crash when the session was interrupted by the drawing group organizer.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but not perfect
I use this to for homework/study practice using my Apple Pencil, but there is an issue of not being able to lay my hand on the screen and it picking up my hand once every couple times opposed to the pencil. Other than that, perfect.
Developer Response ,
Hi. We are working on an improved palm rejection technique for version 1.0.2 when using Apple Pencil, which goes beyond the native iOS support that Inko currently has. Please stay tuned, should be available shortly! /RS
So me and my friend wanted to use this to doodle some random stuff. I was drawing for less then a minute when a notification popped up saying “Trial Period is over.” At first I ignored it and restarted on my drawing. It came up again and it had deleted the group of me and my friend that I had made. I looked into it, and we have to pay to collaborate when thats the whole point of this app? Maybe you should remove the word “collaborative” from the name of the app. I deleted it straight after that. The one star on this review is my disappointment. Good day/night to you, developers.
Developer Response ,
Hi. With version 1.0.2, we have taken into account users’ feedback by increasing the trial duration to 5 minutes, which will enable you to fully test Inko’s collaboration feature with several devices. The collaboration feature trial is there to test that the connection works, but it’s meant to be purchased if you want to use it. The free app will let you use all drawing operations and saving in an unlimited fashion as single user. /TC
The app is works as described. There some areas that needs improvement that woudl make the app more usable.
- It needs basic geometrisc tools (circle, squares,line, etc)
- Need for full screen option.
- it would be great to have an option to change the page color background.
- Text Tool - ability to type with the keyboard would be great.
- More vibrant colors. there is only option for 12 colors selection.
- the "firnger/pointing" tool - no clue what it does or what is for?
- please add a "Highlighter" pen
- add a simple "undo/redo" option
- it needs and option for "Pen size"
If those important options are added, then we are reaching a 5 start level. right now it feels like version 1.
Developer Response ,
Hello. We surely take note of your feedback regarding the addition of further tools, colors and backgrounds.
- Inko does support full screen. You can click on the first button on the left (the stacks icon) to hide the left column as well.
- The finger tool is the ephemeral highlighter. You can use it if you want to point something out to the other participants of your group without interfering with the drawing that's being made.
- Undo/redo is available. Please use the keyword shortcut "Command + Z" to undo and "Shift + Command + Z" to redo. You can also find these in the "Edit" menu of Inko.
- Inko offers 2 different pen sizes and a calligraphic variant. Click on the pen in Inko's toolbar, then on the circle next to the colored square to change the pen.
Feel free to reach out to our support service (email@example.com) should you have further feedback or questions about Inko. /TC
- Creaceed SPRL
- 7.7 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Creaceed SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Remote Plan (M) $3.99
- Nearby Plan (M) $1.99
- Remote Plan (Y) $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.