Dark mode is here! Activate dark mode in iOS 13 for a fun new neon look.
Ratings and Reviews
Even better than Microsoft’s Whiteboard app!
This app is very well made. It is intuitive and has all the features one would expect from an online whiteboard app. I dare say it’s even better than Microsoft’s Whiteboard app. I say this for two reasons:
(1) The thickness of the pen line can be adjusted to a much smaller size than Microsoft’s, allowing you to zoom in quite a ways and still be able to write with precision.
(2) In my opinion, this app is much more intuitive. Nuff said.
Despite all the positives, there are one or two things that I would REALLY appreciate seeing in a future update:
(1) The ability to switch on/off or vary the influence of the “auto-smooth” feature when writing/drawing. Although it helps smooth the lines when writing on a large scale, when smaller and finely detailed writing is required, it really screws you up and makes it hard to write with precision. At the moment, Microsoft’s Whiteboard is easier to write precisely with.
(2) This isn’t a huge deal, but the ability to scroll horizontally in addition to vertically (for a true infinite whiteboard) would be a nice feature to add.
That’s all I got. Overall, fantastic app. It does the job well and it’s the best online collaborative whiteboard I’ve found thus far.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much!
I hadn’t noticed the problem of smoothing when way zoomed in. I’ll take a look.
The infinite whiteboard is a tricky one to make sure people don’t get lost. Soon we will have a tool to move things around, which might help when you hit the edge of the screen.
This app is exactly what I needed to be able to write edits on a pdf and then save the edited document as pdf. Thank you!
I did notice one thing that I’m wondering if it can be tweaked: when erasing edits I have made, the original document in Scribble appears untouched, even if I have used the eraser over original text — which is perfect. However, if the document is uploaded as a pdf later on, those eraser marks show, so pieces of the original are almost scrubbed clean in those spots. An easy work around now that I’m aware, and I do plan to keep using this app! But curious if you are able to change that?
Developer Response ,
I’m glad Scribble is working for you!
I do know about the issue with the eraser and the pdf export. It is a tricky one. Soon we will have a new eraser which explodes entire lines at once. This eraser will work much better with pdf export.
Amazing app, amazing developer
My girlfriend and I are long-distance and we use the app for tutoring purposes. As college students, we found it difficult to afford but loved the functionality. It works EXACTLY as advertised.
I contacted the developer who reached back out and was willing to work with us. Will be a long time customer and champion of this app; recommending it to everyone I know!
- Scribble LLC U.S.
- 39.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Scribble LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Collaborate Live With Anyone $4.99
- Collaborate Live With Anyone $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.