This is the iOS companion app for the Artiphon INSTRUMENT 1. Connect the INSTRUMENT 1 device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using the provided USB-to-Lightning cable, download the Artiphon app, and immediately start exploring and combining an intuitive palette of musical sounds, techniques, and features.
• Use the Artiphon app to play a custom-built collection of sounds that includes: guitar, violin, piano, drums, ukulele, bass, vibes, wind, bells, organ, electric piano, square wave, sine wave, and triangle wave.
• Design your own instruments by combining techniques, sounds, and tunings, and then save those custom presets to your personal library.
• Use this app to choose the modes and methods for playing your INSTRUMENT 1. Modes include Fretted, Fretless, Grid, and Pad. Methods include Strum, Bow, Slide, Tap, and iBow.
• Use the app to configure and store custom presets that you can then access when connecting your INSTRUMENT 1 to your favorite music software like Ableton Live, GarageBand, Logic, MainStage, Cubase, and more.
• Use the Artiphon app’s built-in arpeggiator to automatically cycle through notes and chords in Fretted, Fretless, Grid, and Pad modes.
• Use the app’s iBow feature to play the INSTRUMENT 1 using your iPhone or iPod as a virtual bow.
• The INSTRUMENT 1 can also be played with any iOS, OS X, or PC program that accepts MIDI. Try the INSTRUMENT 1 with other iOS apps including GarageBand, Animoog, ThumbJam, and dozens more.
• To customize your INSTRUMENT 1 when connecting it to a Mac or PC, download the desktop Preset Editor app from Artiphon.com.
We invite you to report any issues you observe while using the app to: email@example.com. Thanks!
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Waiting for an update for iPhone 12 mini
The app is confusing but functional—and they only way to manage the settings on the Instrument1, but it doesn’t display properly on the iPhone 12 mini screen. Settings are cut off and buttons and other selections unreachable.
It’s extremely frustrating to buy an excellent MIDI controller and have to use bargain basement software to configure it.
Still waiting months after the model was announced and released for what should be a minor issue to fix.
Display does not scale correctly on XR
On the iPhone XR, some of the controls are off-screen. Otherwise app seems good with lots of flexibility. Sending Artiphon back because of hardware issue - Capo triggers unexpectedly when playing.
Not what I expected
To be clear, this is a review of the app, not the instrument. Artiphon is a very nice MPE controller that is slimmer than most others while offering a grid. I foolishly didn't check out the app or software before my instrument came in the mail. What a disappointment. It's just not intuitive to change all of the elements. They are interdependent when they should be completely open and orthogonal. for example, changing from fretted to unfretted will also change your tuning. What? Why? You're supposed to be able to save presets to the dots but they always revert back to factory settings when you switch away. Presets just forever go to die in the my presets folder. I figured out i could Drag one around but i cant put it anywhere or delete one. Also it's complete crap that I can't change the settings of the guitar, violin, keys, and drums. Especially for the string instruments, I like nonstandard tunings and every time i pick up this thing i'll look at the guitar icon but then have to say to myself "no. Wait. Don't use that one because it's tuned wrong."
Last thing: this is a MIDI device so I NEED some control over what channels it's sending. There's a bunch of apps the instrument 1 can't talk to probably because they don't understand MPE. You've got to let users turn that off if they want to.
Go back and rewrite this app, Artiphon. You made a beautiful piece of hardware that's just so crippled by the software.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Artiphon Inc.
- 180.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Artiphon, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.