It's not just an App, it's an Instrument!
GeoShred Pro Version 5, with In-App-Purchases for GeoSWAM** instruments on devices running iOS 11.4 or greater.
Imagine a new kind of musical instrument ...
An instrument where a performer can fluidly express multiple independent voices. An instrument that is both pitch fluid, and helps the performer precisely reach desired musical pitches in any temperament.
GeoShred is an award-winning, fluidly expressive musical instrument that runs on multi-touch devices.
It has a performance surface with “almost magic” pitch rounding algorithms which is coupled with a model of the physics of several types of musical instruments, support for AUv3, MIDI In/Out, MPE, and 3D Touch. It’s a fusion of Jordan Rudess’ performance concepts and a powerful, modeled guitar/effects based on the Physical Modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA. And, GeoShred's expressive control can be used with other synthesizers.
Tens of thousands of artists in 48 countries perform GeoShred with 30% of those users in India.
GeoShred is the Gold Medal Winner of the 2019 Denny Award, winner of a 2019 Guthman New Musical Instrument Award, and winner of the 2017 Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award as "one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months".
GeoShred Pro Version 5 Features include:
• In-App-Purchases (IAP) for 11 different GeoSWAM instruments, GeoViolin, GeoFlute, GeoTenoSax, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, and GeoOboe, GeoTrumpet, GeoBassTrombone, GeoBassFlute, GeoViola and GeoPizzBass.
• A fluidly expressive playing surface + a Physically modeled guitar
• Au3 plugin support on devices running iOS 11.4 or greater
• Intelligent pitch rounding
• A diatonic keyboard where every key on the screen is in the scale.
• MIDI IN/OUT and MPE support
• MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, virtual MIDI and all digital interfaces
• MIDI configuration presets
• 3D touch on iPhones that support 3D touch
• Customizable control surface can be mapped to physical MIDI controls
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support.
• Backing tracks
• Multiple Modeled effects
• Modeled feedback and VCF effects
• Echo, a unique looper and multi-tap echo
• Finger vibrato, slide and fret scraping
• Unique mono mode using intervals of multiple strings.
• Built-in Arpeggiator
• Alternative tunings and temperaments
• Support for world scales and temperaments including Indian Ragas, Arabic and Balinese scales.
• Easily share presets with friends
Praise for the GeoShred family of apps:
“GeoShred is brilliant- it’s a real instrument.” – Eddie Jobson
“A fantastic new invention which is going to revolutionize the way music is played, expressed and learned! “GeoShred” is one of the foremost best musical inventions I’ve had the pleasure to experience in recent years. Definitely 5 stars out of 5! GIGANTASTIVISSIMO…..R…A…Z !!!!!” – Patrick Moraz
“That’s just nuts. You’re [Jordan] the best-guitarist-without-a-guitar of all time” – Joe Satriani
“GeoShred is a breakthrough [musical instrument] for the iPad. Some might think it’s the best evidence yet that there has indeed been reverse engineering of alien technology, but if that’s the case, then aliens play guitar…and worship Jimi Hendrix.” – Craig Anderton Harmony Central
We are dedicated to offering the highest level of musical instrument experience for our customers worldwide. It would mean a lot to us if you could leave your positive review on the App Store and If you have any questions about GeoShred we would love to hear from you at our support email address: email@example.com
Minimum Requirements: iOS 11.4 or better is required for AUv3, iCloud and GeoSWAM instruments.
**Note: The GeoSWAM instruments can ONLY be performed from the GeoShred keyboard or MPE controllers.
***Note: Unfortunately, due to App Store limitations, previously purchased instrument IAPs can not be applied to a purchase of collection IAPs..
- Preset/setlist promotion support for Orba Artiphon 2.
- Added MIDI configuration key to optionally ignore program change.
- Return to previous SWAM key y behavior.
- Disable octave up/down while auto octave is on.
- Fixes to poly mode voice allocation behavior.
- Fixes to key y note on handling.
- Fixed channel pressure midi out.
- Fixed key y movement on mono/string modes.
- Send channel pressure on key z/key y and 117 in plugin,
but just channel pressure standalone.
- Fixed problem with MIDI out 3d touch.
- Fixed crash on midi out knob.
- Fixed problem where middle note in a hopo stack would not express.
- Fixed root picking problem for low power devices.
- Fixed coarse tuning problem on SWAM woodwinds.
- Option to optimize load time for SWAM instruments (at expense of memory use).
Ratings and Reviews
Best control surface and sounds plus infinite parameter tweaking
GeoShred Pro is simply one of the best control surfaces and performance tools in the entire app-verse ! I have been onboard since it’s release and with the new GeoStrings and Woodwinds Modeling packages it is over the top. We, the professional musicians and hobbyist have, (literally, at our fingertips) expressive, professional grade instruments that offer the range of emotion and personality that rivals and complements the multifaceted range of instruments our cultures have developed over many centuries. GeoShred, and touch control instruments in general, are not ‘instruments of the future’, they are the ‘instruments of now’. Present, alive, and fully articulate. In your hand, as a novice, you can spend hours of enjoyment... as a professional, at your fancy, you have an instrument that is as flexible and nuanced as any other. Plus, and this is important, the customer service is second to none. I’ve had one glitch in all my years as a customer and they got on it immediately and resolved the glitch within 48 hours. They did not stop until they figured it out. I am very impressed and I highly recommend this app to YOU, the individual that is looking for a professional quality instrument with unbelievable sonic qualities that is natural to play... at a GREAT price. plus, as I mentioned, highly configurable to your personality.
Absolutely amazing instrument and controller - best I’ve ever played
At first, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but knowing that this came from the genius of Jordan Rudess, I knew that it wasn’t going to disappoint. I have to admit that at this point, this has completely blown my mind! This is the most playable instrument I’ve ever played, virtual or physical. Once you get the hang of how it works, I doubt you will be able to put this down before your fingers start bleeding!
I also love the fact that I can use this with AUM as a controller for other instruments hooked up in AUM. No other MIDI controller comes anywhere near close to the expressiveness that’s possible with this controller. I also have it on my iPhone 7 Plus which has 3D Touch and even on its small screen, this is amazingly playable. This is the kind of app that touch screens were made for and really showcases their potential. I can’t believe it took me so long to find this.
If you’re in the market for an amazing MIDI controller that’s playable and expressive, then your search has ended. Just hit that “BUY” button already!
Great modeled guitar with room for potential improvement
I personally love this app because it is exactly what I want as a keyboard player who loves guitars. I always prefer physical modeling to sampling in most cases so this is an dream to play. I feel like even though this app is already top of the line it could be pushed further by allowing more complex pickup configurations like both single coils and both double coils as well as split bridge double coil with neck double coil and split neck double coil with bridge double coil. Besides that it stands in a league of its own for what it does. I would absolutely recommend to anyone interested in physical modeling or having a more than useable guitar sound as a keyboardist.
Edit: maybe a new pickup could be made to model the ones on bass guitars to give a better tool for modeled basses in general. This app has been a near daily source of blues improv recently. Plus it is a great way to use swam instruments on iOS as long as your device is large enough. Geoshred has the great MPE controller layout that SWAM needs.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wizdom Music LLC
- 486 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014-2021 moForte Inc and Wizdom Music LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GeoTenorSax $11.99
- GeoSWAM Collection Classic $74.99
- GeoViolin $14.99
- GeoFlute $14.99
- GeoCello $14.99
- GeoSWAM Collection I & II $119.99
- GeoSWAM Collection II $59.99
- GeoBassFlute $14.99
- GeoTrumpet $14.99
- GeoClarinet $14.99