GeoShred Control is a stand-alone MIDI/MPE controller. It does not have an Sound Engine, but can be upgraded to the functionality of GeoShred Pro.
GeoShred Control is a stand-alone MIDI/MPE controller based on GeoShred.
***NOTE: "GeoShred Control" IS A MIDI/MPE CONTROLLER AND DOES NOT HAVE A BUILT-IN SOUND ENGINE AND DOES NOT MAKE SOUND unless upgraded to the functionality of GeoShred Pro***.
You can use GeoShred Control to perform MIDI/MPE synthesizers. Seamlessly move between fretless and diatonic modalities in a magical musical way using our isomorphic and diatonic playing surface and groundbreaking intelligent pitch rounding.
GeoShred Control is highly expressive when controlling instruments that use the “MPE” MIDI specification (MIDI Polyphonic Expression). It’s a formidable iPad/iPhone based MIDI/MPE controller, and GeoShred Control can operate as a AUv3 plugin that can send MIDI.
GeoShred Control has an arpeggiator, support for temperaments/world scales, backing tracks, and 3D touch (on devices that support 3D touch) and you can upgrade*** to Geoshred Pro with it's powerful physical model of stringed instruments.
Gold Medal Winner of the 2019 Denny Award, winner of a 2019 Guthman New Musical Instrument Award, and winner of the 2017 Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award as "one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months".
GeoShred Control Version 2.6 Features Include:
• A fluidly expressive playing surface
• Intelligent pitch rounding
• A diatonic keyboard where every key on the screen is on the scale.
• MIDI and MPE
• MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Virtual MIDI, and all digital interfaces
• MIDI configuration presets
• 3D touch on iPhones that support 3D touch
• Customizable control surface can be mapped to MIDI Controls
• Backing tracks from the iTunes library
• Built-in Arpeggiator
• Alternative tunings
• Support for world scales and temperaments including Indian Ragas, Arabic and Balinese scales.
• Easily share presets with friends
• If upgraded to the functionality of GeoShred Pro, GeoSWAM IAPs may be purchased*
Praise for the GeoShred family of apps:
“GeoShred is brilliant- it’s a real instrument.” – Eddie Jobson
“A fantastic new invention which is going to revolutionize the way music is played, expressed and learned! “GeoShred” is one of the foremost best musical inventions I’ve had the pleasure to experience in recent years. Definitely 5 stars out of 5! GIGANTASTIVISSIMO…..R…A…Z !!!!!” – Patrick Moraz
“That’s just nuts. You’re [Jordan] the best-guitarist-without-a-guitar of all time” – Joe Satriani
“GeoShred is a breakthrough [musical instrument] for the iPad. Some might think it’s the best evidence yet that there has indeed been reverse engineering of alien technology, but if that’s the case, then aliens play guitar…and worship Jimi Hendrix.” – Craig Anderton Harmony Central
We are dedicated to offering the highest level of musical instrument experience for our customers worldwide. It would mean a lot to us if you could leave your positive review on the App Store and If you have any questions about GeoShred we would love to hear from you at our support email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Requirements: iOS 11.4 or better is required for AUv3 support and GeoSWAM instruments.
*Note: GeoShred Control must be upgraded to the functionality of GeoShred Pro, in order to be able to purchase the GeoSWAM instruments. The GeoSWAM instruments can ONLY be performed from the GeoShred keyboard or MPE controllers.
**Note: Unfortunately, due to App Store limitations, previously purchased instrument IAPs can not be applied to a purchase of the collection IAP.
***Note: The Pro upgrade is to the functionality of GeoShred Pro. The app is still GeoShred Control, but it has all the Pro features and is identical to GeoShred Pro.
- Preset/setlist promotion support for Orba Artiphon 2.
- Added MIDI configuration key to optionally ignore program change.
- Return to previous SWAM key y behavior.
- Disable octave up/down while auto octave is on.
- Fixes to poly mode voice allocation behavior.
- Fixes to key y note on handling.
- Fixed channel pressure midi out.
- Fixed key y movement on mono/string modes.
- Send channel pressure on key z/key y and 117 in plugin,
but just channel pressure standalone.
- Fixed problem with MIDI out 3d touch.
- Fixed crash on midi out knob.
- Fixed problem where middle note in a hopo stack would not express.
- Fixed root picking problem for low power devices.
- Fixed coarse tuning problem on SWAM woodwinds.
- Option to optimize load time for SWAM instruments (at expense of memory use).
Ratings and Reviews
Powerful app, well priced as tryout for Pro, great support
I bought GeoShred Control primarily to check out full GeoShred and what I wanted to be my primary use case (to start): recording MIDI tracks into Garage Band on the same iPad (using a third party app called Midiflow to create virtual ports). Control definitely shows you the performance and operation of the app, you just have to use a synthesizer with it to get sounds out.
As it turns out, control of GB iOS looks a bit buggy - but not the fault of GeoShred. I have contacted support about 3 times pre and post purchase and it is extremely responsive. One of the developers actually recorded a video showing him testing out my bug case and showing it's a bug in how GarageBand is handling MPE. I went ahead and upgraded to GeoShred Pro so I could get the built in sounds and guitar modeling to play around with and build my interest in learning the isometric layout (I know a bit of keyboard but little of guitar).
I think GeoShred Play might be a better intro to the app than Control unless you have a very specific use case in mind (as I did), but you can get to Pro from either. Appreciate their offering both, I wasn't gonna spring for a $25 app without getting a hands-on sense of whether I'd like using it.
My other controllers will gather dust
I just stayed up until almost 3AM playing around with this app. I have a few AU plugins (FxPansion’s Strobe and Cypher2, and Madrona Lab’s Aalto and Kaivo) that I was able to control in Logic Pro X. It wasn’t the most intuitive thing to get working (the videos focus more on the Pro version), and I’m still trying to figure out how to make custom assignments to certain AU parameters but, this little app is still super impressive! By the way, I found the best way to get this to interface with Logic Pro X is to connect via Bluetooth. I have both a 2018 iPad (7.5 inch) and MacBook Pro, and they connect flawlessly. It would be great to get more detailed instructions for Control, as they are just kind of the same ones from Pro but, it’s fine. I’ve been able to save myself at least $300 not having to buy a Seaboard
Loving this app
I’m loving this app, however I’m using a Roland Gr30 guitar processor with a Puc+ midi to control the saxophone sound thru my iphone. Awesome concept, but I can’t get all six strings to recognize, the first string E ,doesn’t play. I can only play on 5 strings but not all six. I’ll keep watching tutorials for an update
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wizdom Music LLC
- 498.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014-2021 moForte Inc and Wizdom Music LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Artiphon promotion $31.99
- GeoShred Control Upgrade $24.99
- GeoFlute $14.99
- GeoSWAM Collection I & II $119.99
- GeoTenorSax $11.99
- GeoCello $14.99
- GeoSWAM Collection I $74.99
- GeoViolin $14.99
- GeoClarinet $14.99
- GeoOboe $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.