• Scans your site checking for broken links
• Checks images and linked files as well as all internal and external links
• See problems at-a-glance highlighted in colour. Double-click for more detailed information
• In short, improve your website's quality and search engine ranking
If you've maintained a website for any length of time, you'll know that links very quickly become broken, because we move, delete or change our own pages, and other people that we link to do the same. This is called 'link rot'
A broken link on your site is a dead end for your visitors and will also be bad news for your search engine optimisation (SEO).
Unless you enjoy clicking every single link on your site followed by the back button, then you'll need to use a website crawler like Integrity!
Feed it your home page address (url) and Integrity will follow all of your internal links to find your pages, checking the server response code for all internal and external links found.
Features: Reviewers sometimes give low star ratings due to lack of X feature. The free version of Integrity is deliberately no-frills - no more than a simple but effective link checker. Integrity Plus has more of those features, such as filtering, sorting, exporting, XML sitemap functionality and managing multiple sites. Integrity Pro adds SEO / spell checking and Scrutiny is a more advanced app still with even more features.
- The main tables now retain their selection when sorted, as expected
- Support button added to diagnostics window which shows if unexpectedly few results are found
- If 492 codes are encountered (too many requests) more information is given in the Link Inspector's Warnings tab. A 429 may come with a 'retry after' which Scrutiny honours. It may also provide some information in the html of the page which follows the 429 code. All of this information is sent to that link's warnings for the user to see.
- Fixes a bug causing bad links to be reported incorrectly when the link contains a fragment (#something) as well as non-ascii characters in the link
- If a mobile user-agent string for a mobile browser is being used, some sites generate an 'intent://' url. Integrity no longer reports 'unsupported url' for such links.
- Disables tabbing mode (View > Tab bar) which was causing confusion if accidentally switched on. (Integrity isn't document-based).
- Improvement to 'lazy loaded' image functionality. Adds Blocs to the supported systems.
- Adds .webp to the list of recognised image extensions (used in various places within Integrity)
Ratings and Reviews
Great Xenu alternative for OSX--- needs some work though
I've been dreaming of a GOOD Xenu alternative for OSX for a long time.... Finally, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The tool so far does just about everything that Xenu does, and I hope that over time the developer gets them all. Thanks so much for making this!
My only issue seems to be with performance. After 50k links, the program starts to get really laggy. I'm using a quad-core i7 mac with 8 gigs of RAM and the app isn't able to completely scan most of the sites I need it to. Granted, Xenu generally craps out after 500k links, so it's not an issue unique to this app. It just seems to happen earlier. With Xenu, I crank down the number of levels to scan down to zero when I get close to where I know it's going to die, let it finish crawling it's queue, and then assume that I have a decent enough sample. I can't figure out how to do it with this app.
Needs some more work, but the developer is still very active, so I have very high hopes!
Great when I need it
I don't use this tool very frequently, but when I do it works great. Thanks for keeping it up to date even for purchases that were made a long time ago.
This application is a great help!
I can recommend this wonderful app for those who need checking broken links on their site. It works flawlessly, and I am happy to use it on a regular basis.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.