*The* space flight combat simulator, developed by Anchorite.
FLY like you've never flown before on your mac with a full six degrees of freedom. Play it your way with touchpad, controller or HOTAS support.
DEFEND your people against the oppressive COMMONWEALTH. ENGAGE in a selection of fast-paced missions and beautiful environments.
IGNORE THE ODDS and go toe to toe with swarms of fighters, frigates armed to the teeth or hulking capital ships. DON'T GO IN ALONE, bring your own elite fighter squadrons.
CUSTOMISE your fighter with an array of load-out options. BALANCE your choice of weapons, utilities and wingmen. Experiment with new equipment or get comfortable with favourites.
BUILD UP your arsenal with salvage from each successful run. EQUIP potent salvaged items to take on the heavily armed COMMONWEALTH fleets.
KEEP YOUR COOL and you'll make it out alive. Getting wiped out means giving up on your current gear and loot. BAIL OUT early if things are looking tough and live to fight another day.
• fix for back button not working in loot manifest
• fix for capital ships drifting out of bounds
• fix for capital ships jittering
• fix for UI filling incorrect screen spaces.
COSMETICS AND CONTROLLERS
This update brings some long overdue updates for controller users, a slight refresh to some elements of the game's UI and ... drumroll ... achievement based ship cosmetics!
• Achievement based Cosmetic unlock system added.
• Weapon grouping for left / right fire is now visible in Loadout.
• Menu navigation has been reworked completely.
• New screenshots for tutorial pages
• Home screen has been updated
• Fixed: Weapon count is doubled in cosmetic unlocks
• Fixed: headphones logo being crunched
• Fixed: “Back” from in game settings should resume game?
• Fixed: UI overlaps in ship select screen
• Menu tutorial screen fixes
• Loot Manifest Screen Fixes
• Fixed: In game settings menu doesn't use RB / LB navigation.
• Fixed: Controller remapping doesn’t work
• Fixed: back button isn’t universally working with controller
• Fixed: Mission select doesn’t auto pick selectable
• Fixed: If the UI is scaled far enough in, you can’t reach other buttons in loadout when using controller.
• Fixed: Ship VC layout is a little busted on lower UI scales
• Fixed: Missiles launched from the Missile massacre collide with the player sometimes
• Fixed: Collision Warning hangs around too long
• Fixed: nerf Warp timeout
• Fixed: Remove Roadmap button
Ratings and Reviews
So much potential, but bugs make it unplayable.
I’ve been really enjoying the controller support. Makes me feel more comfortable on harder missions. Until the game crashes…I can play easy missions just fine. Once I go into a medium, the game almost always crashes after clearing a few waves. I once got to the very end of a mission, into the perk selection screen, and the game CRASHED. I’m on an iPhone 12 Pro, graphics turned down to low, FPS at 30, enemy indicators set to radar only. This shouldn’t be happening… There’s something goin on with the rail gun too. Every time it fires the screen jerks out and back in. Very disorientating, and I have screen shake set to zero. I paid the full price for a game that just crashes every time I play it, and I can’t even enjoy the true potential of the graphics because that’ll just make it crash faster I feel like. Very frustrating.
Please fix. I want to love. I want this to be my go-to controller game.
I’ll keep it short. All carrier capitol ships are broken. The ship doesn’t load right, and dies almost immediately. It has to targetable hit box. This causes a soft lock, and makes it so you can’t complete certain missions at all. And, Ships just… take damage? Seems like it happens when they are far away. Finally, if you escape a combat trial, and click on the “claim items” button, you get the “Threatening Lance Beam”, with the description in Latin and the stats maxed out at 12,000. You can’t claim it though. Other than that, cool game! Also, could you change combat trials a bit? It’s biased towards the AI. Even if you win, their weapon shots can still kill you, and it counts it as a loss. Like, I can win, but the railgun shots still there. And it hits me and I die, losing the match I should of won. Final thing I promise. Missiles have no hit box when fired, making close up fights harder so the missiles just circle the thing I fired at. Lances don’t hit at their farthest range, even when pointed straight at a frigate. Or it’s just the frigates. Have a great day, and good luck!
Edit: Seems fine now. Pretty good job, and I hope you haven’t burnt out doing all these updates.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a ton for the bug reports. 1.506 fixes the capital ships, and the loot screen issues.
Combat trials definitely need a little rethinking, especially around the high-end weapons, but thats more of a systemic thing. I'll be working on that in the future for an update.
Thanks for the detailed review :D
Want to like it, but... (updated)
Latest Update (the developer keeps updating the game 😁): Now it’s awesome! The tutorial works, but I’ve kinda got it now. Definitely a 5 star game now.
Update: quick developer response, still have high hopes. Discovered that by inverting the axis and pitch/yaw controls (something I never do, but it helps here) I can actually get somewhere with the game. I’ll keep at it...
I really want to enjoy this game, but the tutorial appears to be broken so I’m a little lost. I get to the point where it tells me to push the throttle to accelerate, which I do, but the message just stays there. So I fly along, eventually find something to kill, auto guns take it out, and I still have the instruction to accelerate. After about 20 minutes of that, I bailed on the tutorial and tried figuring it out myself. Not much luck there. Bumble around, auto-kill anything that gets in your sights until some missiles take you out. I’ll keep at for awhile, but if that’s all there is I don’t see myself playing this much.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for updating your review! It really makes a difference. Also worry not, there's more updates in the pipeline (though I'll probably have to slow down a bit! something something sleep)
(original response below:)
Really sorry about the tutorial problem, Version 1.05 finally solves the tutorial issues, If you’d like to replay the tutorial, you can from the main menu’s settings page.
As for the gameplay issues, I’ve definitely got plans to expand the scope of the game over time, just need to focus on ensuring the current build is as stable as possible first!
Feel free to reach out to me on twitter (you can find a link on the developer website) if you’d like to provide more feedback.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mathew Purchase
- 165.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Game Controller
- Recommended The developer, Mathew Purchase, designed this game to be played with a controller for the best experience.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Mathew Purchase
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.