Intervals is a timer for workouts like Tabata, High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), and other timed routines.
● Quickly create and save your own interval workouts.
● Easily create timed routines for Tabata and HIIT workouts.
● Great built-in presets to jumpstart your workouts.
● Full integration with Apple's HealthKit.
APPLE WATCH APP
● Includes fully-featured Apple Watch app
● Workouts contribute to Activity Rings
● See your heart rate and calories during your workout
FULLY SUPPORTS Apple's HealthKit
● Save workouts and workout data (heart rate and calories)
● View heart rate and calories during your workout
What is TABATA?
Tabata is a high-intensity interval training workout with alternating sets of intense exercise and short rest periods. A typical Tabata workout consists of 20 seconds of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated for 8 rounds.
Tabata have been proven to be highly effective and efficient at improving cardiovascular health.
Ratings and Reviews
I find that the configuration is simple for what I'm trying to do. I run the app via my watch. I do have an issue where I'll start the timer and get into position for the workout and it doesn't announce start... I have to once again raise the watch to view it and then it will announce the start and continue on with the timer. Once I press start it should do the countdown and start without my having to "repeat myself" so to speak.
It’s a beautiful app, well designed except for one small thing. When I work out and especially while doing Tabata I like to listen to music or podcasts. But when the sounds play, it pauses whatever you were listening to and doesn’t start it back up.
Ideally, it would attenuate whatever is playing to play their sounds in the foreground without interrupting playback.
Can’t use with music
While I appreciate that this app is free, it shuts off any music I have playing when using the timer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.