Panorama is a Camera app alternative for photo stitching that avoids curvature of horizontal edges in photos.
Such warping is typical in photos of buildings.
A comparative example of this type of warping is in the first screenshot below.
Panorama is a professional, high quality, time-tested image stitcher for both iOS & Mac. Panorama uses a mathematical image matching technique called homography making it ideal for photographing architectural scenes.
Also try the Mac version at: https://itunes.apple.com/app/panorama/id491601987
• Create stunning high resolution panoramas using the device camera.
• Employ the integrated Aviary image editor, accessible from the options menu for all panoramas in the gallery. Enhance, add text, frame and much more.
Image editing options: Enhance (Hi-Def, Illuminate, Color Fix), filter effects, frames, stickers, crop, rotate, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, draw, text, redeye, whiten, blemish and Meme.
• Beautiful, powerful and meticulously designed app interface provides an enjoyable and productive user experience.
• Build custom panoramas or creatively blend images into photo montages from the camera roll of Photos using the Build pane.
• Use the Build pane to merge two or more vertical overlapping panoramas to easily create 2x2 or 3x3 panoramas.
• Use the Build pane to make collages (images that can't be registered are merely blended together.)
• Shoot a scene and save the photos into the gallery for merging later if you prefer. This allows you to save time and battery during a shoot.
• Share your panoramas with friends and family through email, print them or save to camera roll, including photo originals.
• Employs the homography method to avoid curvature of straight edges, a common disadvantage of other apps of this type. (Check out "homography" on Wikipedia!)
• The homography method is computationally intensive for producing natural and realistic panoramas, and not deceiving cylindrically warped results like other apps.
• Undo and redo a panorama in the gallery to try different settings or options, such as exposure matching or merge quality.
• During a merge, tap the "Hold Button" to turn off the screen, to save battery, and you will be notified when the merge is done.
• High resolution of the 2 and 3 image stitchers essentially doubles and triples your camera's field of view.
• As you shoot pictures they are collected into a sliding pocket drawer, so you can review what you shot at any time, and delete to retake photos.
• Use the "film roll" button in the camera pane to save all the photos currently in the drawer to the gallery, without merging them.
• If you cancel the current merge, you can always resume it anytime from the gallery.
• Panoramas are saved to the gallery automatically when completed, and optionally also to the Photos library.
• In the gallery any saved panorama can be resumed.
• You can undo panoramas, separating them into a film roll of the original photos. Originals can always be saved to the Photos library.
• Export and manually preprocess the photos in your photo shoot in any other image editor, then reload from the Photos library and stitch them together in the Build pane.
• Adds location data to your panoramas so you remember exactly where you shot them. View the location where the panorama was made on a map in the gallery.
• In the gallery you can always undo and then redo a stitch, say for experimenting with different options or image editing.
• Time consuming stitching can be deferred by saving your photo shoots in the gallery.
• Run in the background as you use your device with other apps or put the screen to sleep with the hold button. You'll be notified when the stitch is done.
• The photo alignment guide ensures you properly align your photos for the best stitching results, and facilitates acquiring photos for the Mac version of Panorama.
Ratings and Reviews
A Tedious Interface with Worthless Results
The interface for choosing photos to stitch together is terrible. It only lets you choose one photo at a time, which is extremely tedious if you're stitching more than a couple of photos from your camera roll.
In the end, though, it doesn't matter, because the results are worthless. This app doesn't so much stitch a panorama as it does attach a series of photos side by side. The app does little to no work of matching features and overlapping images.
Would pay for the app if it Worked
I miss autostitch app and this app is almost as good as the other. But there is a problem when you edit a photo because you can’t click done afterwards. The button doesn’t work. You can’t even press cancel. You have to force quit the app. I wish they would update the app so it would work. I would love to read the redesign the Ui
Clunky interface for useless results. Not an actual stitching app, literally just blends two images side by side in a gradient with no matching algorithm.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.