Intonia is a Pitch Recorder. It's software intended to help string players visualize intonation. It combines the capabilities of an electronic tuner and a digital recorder. It keeps a memory of what it has heard, and displays pitch on a scrolling graph. You can specify what temperament to use: Equal, Just, or Pythagorean.
While it is recording, the display scrolls continuously. Your pitch is displayed as the height of the trace. If you're playing in tune the trace is white, but if you're sharp relative to your chosen scale and temperament, the trace is colored red. If you're flat, the trace is blue.
The free version is limited to one minute of sound storage, A=440, equal temperament.
An in-app purchase will upgrade to the Pro version. The Pro version includes the following:
* 'A' frequency settable between 400 and 499 Hz
* Choice of Equal, Pythagorean, or Just intonation.
* Save and restore audio files
* Rename or delete audio files
* Import and export audio files from/to iCloud
* Up to 60 minutes of sound storage
* Screen is kept on during recording and playback
* Playback and record in background mode while the screen is not showing
Here are some things you can do with Intonia:
* Play a fast passage, and see which notes were out of tune.
* See intonation in just, Pythagorean, or equal temperament.
* Tune your instrument.
* Use as a digital recorder to hear yourself play.
* Get instant feedback.
* Visualize articulations, slides, shifts, vibrato, etc.
* Use it for transcription.
* Works for all string instruments: cello through violin.
* Works for many other instruments as well.
For more information, please visit our website at http://intonia.com/
Fixed memory leak
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I used the Mac desktop version of intonia years ago to work on my intonation (on fiddle). I just got the newly released iPhone version, which is even better than I remember the desktop version being because it allows you to import music files (even from cloud servers, like Google Drive). This is a fantastic feature for transcribing recordings because you can see all the note pitches in real time as the music plays.
Excellent app for checking intonation
I begin using Intonia on the Mac desktop several years ago. It is a great tool for seeing where intonation is sharp or flat. Great to have that same technology on the iPhone. Keep up the great work!
Superb tuner and intonation checker
I’ve had the Android version of Intonia for several years and find it incredibly useful. Working with a traditional tuner I can see what’s happening now, but I can’t see trends over time. With Intonia I can record as I play and then look back on the recording to see if there are particular notes that tend to be sharp or flat. I am thrilled that there is finally an iOS version!
- Jerry Agin
- 15.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Gerald J. Agin
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.