With over 1,400 built-in bluegrass/old-time/etc. songs, plus an improved song creation/editing interface that's easier to use than ever before!
Practice all your songs with customizable backing tracks generated with audio from real instruments: guitar, mandolin, and standup bass.
Strum Machine will play any chord progression, in any key, at any speed. It's the only backing-track app built specifically for players of bluegrass, old-time, and fiddle tunes.
• Hear rhythm backup generated in real time from real instrument audio.
• Instantly change the speed, or have the speed automatically increase.
• View chord charts as letters or numbers (i.e. "1-4-5") and change the key with two taps.
• Over 1,400 songs (mostly from bluegrass and old-time) ready to go.
• Add your own songs (or edit existing ones) with our simple song editor.
• Make lists of songs to practice from, or share with your friends.
• Syncs your custom songs, lists, and preferences with any device you use Strum Machine on: phone, tablet, or computer.
Give it a try and discover how Strum Machine can improve your music practice!
[Updated with a brand new audio engine to fix recent issues.]
New in Fall 2021: three big new features to make your practice sessions even better!
* Medleys! Multiple songs can be combined into a set and Strum Machine will seamlessly play through them one after another. Songs can be in different keys and at different tempos if desired. Watch the overview of how medleys work by searching for "medleys" in the in-app Help, or just load up a song and then go to “Medley” in the right-hand sidebar to get started.
* New “playlist” features! Go to any song through a list and you’ll see a list navigation bar at the top of the screen, with Auto-Advance and shuffle features available.
* Ending brackets! These can be used to have a repeating section end differently on each repetition.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Cajun Music too!
Wonderful app to help get me through quarantine and play solo accordion and fiddle, usually for Facebook live videos. It’s just a simple guitar strumming that sounds like 100% like a real guitar, either in 4/4 or 3/4. Also you can add a bass and mandolin if you want more backup instruments. I’ve already added probably 70 songs to the Cajun database and it’s so much fun to sit down and run through songs in different keys. Totally recommended 100%
Best app ever!
This app is so user-friendly but even better, it makes me so much more eager to practice. It has so many unbelievably cool features and so much customizability. It’s a thousand times more fun than practicing with a boring metronome (zzzz) and has super cool features like being able to change the key, the speed, to create medleys (new!), and to slow down the challenging parts. I adore this app and use it daily.
Great App...really helps
This is a fantastic app. I have used this product since before it was even an app. It has helped me improve my speed, timing, and overall proficiency. It is easy to use, completely customizable, and Luke is amazing when it comes to customer support and taking your feedback into account. I can’t recommend this product strongly enough. It is great.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luke Abbott, LLC
- 106.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Luke Abbott LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.