IP Scanner for Mac scans your local area network to determine the identity of all machines and internet devices on the LAN. Powerful results, yet easy and intuitive to use.
* Extremely fast scan results
* Customizable results - assign your own names and icons to discovered devices
* Save and consult past scans
* PING, Wake on LAN and Port Scan tools built right in
* Option to open a device in browser, VNC or other applications
* Save and import custom device lists, or sync via iCloud
* Sort network list by device name, IP address, MAC address or Last Seen
* System level notifications for newly discovered devices and changes in device state
* Add custom network ranges
* Import/export scan results via email or bonjour
* Clean, professional design that is super easy to use
IP Scanner is available for free.
The free version has no restrictions at all on functionality and can identify up to 15 devices at a time. To unlock unlimited devices in a scan, we offer an in-app upgrade to Pro.
Whether you’re a casual home user or a network professional, IP Scanner is all about customizing the way you view and analyze your network. You may apply custom names and icons to the devices on your network and adjust the type and amount of information you see in the network overview; don't need to see the MAC address column... don't display it! Text too small... make it larger! We also include a whitelist feature that lets you filter out known and trusted devices to reveal new or unexpected ones, a great way to easily identify unwanted network visitors.
IP Scanner can be used in several primary modes such as:
* A quick overview of which devices are currently on the network, including seeing which devices are actively and passively present
* A “Cumulative Mode” that shows network changes over time, including options to display devices which were once present but now no longer visible.
Still not sure if IP Scanner does what you need? Try it free, check out our FAQs at http://10base-t.com or contact us directly. We always love hearing from our customers. We use our own tools daily and strive to make the best possible IP Scanning utility available - let us know what features you’d like to see!
For even more features, including a universal iOS and macOS app plus native Apple Silicon support, check out IP Scanner Ultra: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ip-scanner-ultra/id404167677
Fixes to restore sync between OS X and iOS when using Mac OS X Sonoma
Note: due to increased security measures in OS X, you will now need to allow IP Scanner to access your location information in order to obtain details regarding nearby Wifi networks.
Ratings and Reviews
Works Great For Home Office
The Pro version meets all my needs, and the free version seems to have the same features, but limits the scan results to something like 10 devices. A few reviews stated this app was slow, and I'm not a network professional, but on my small office with between 25 and 35 devices (usually), a scan takes about 5 seconds. The scan result identifies all the "main" devices (computers, printers) by a recognizable name such as the manufacturer or device model. Most other devices get a generic name that usually helps identify them, like "VoiP phone" and some devices come back as "unidentified device". However, once you figure out what any device is, you can change the name of it in IP Scanner and it will remember that name in the future (I assume the program associates the new name with the MAC address of the device). I used the older free version of IP Scanner that scanned up to 22 devices for many years. I had all the normal devices on my network named and when I upgraded to the new version and then the pro version, it still had all the custom names I had entered. Don't know how much better you can do for $20 on a Mac.
Takes mystery out of IP addresses
After a lot of searching online I found this for my iMac and my home network. This app did exactly what I wanted: ID'd my online devices and allowed me to name and track them. Now I can easily spot any new suspicious activity. Super app!!
Not a great experience
Tried to run this tool but it was just far too clunky. Selecting options produces the swirnling beach ball of doom. Scans found only 3 of 11 devices on a particular home network segment. Settings are clunky. I was hoping that I could get a good feel for it on the free version and then upgrade to get the pro features but that is definitely not happening now. If this is what the core functionality is like then it would be way too frustrating to work with on a regular basis.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MATIA LABS, INC.
- 18 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2005-2024, 10base-t interactive
- In-App Purchases
- IP Scanner Pro Upgrade (MacOS) $19.99
- IP Scanner Pro Upgrade (iOS) $19.99