iPromptU™ is a free application for iPhone that can serve as a Cognitive Behavior Therapy homework tool.
- Displays any question, or series of questions, and prompts the user for written or dictated answers
- Saves responses so user can email them to therapist or researcher
- User can initiate prompting immediately, as they would with a coping card or worksheet
- Researchers and therapists can set prompting to occur at truly random time intervals, for truly random time sampling
- All prompts are 100% customizable, and can be presented singly or in sequential or random order
- Researcher or therapist can install a security password to prevent alteration by the user
- Capable of virtually any non-branching Ecological Momentary Assessment or Descriptive Experience Sampling research
- Capable of recording any CBT Activity Schedule, Thought Record, or Worksheet in the real world
- Clean, no-nonsense user interface
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
So far, so good
I have it set up so I can immediately do a quick self survey whenever I’m stressed and it’s helped so far.
This app has many potential uses and questions can be customized for individual clients. The dictation function works smoothly and will clearly make it far easier for most people to use. Homework compliance should be outstanding because of its simplicity. I highly recommend iPromptU
Was working, but unreliable
I suffer from severe anxiety and this app has really helped me to stay in touch with my emotions. The problem is I set it up to prompt me every hour and ask me a set of questions and I almost never receive an alert. Maybe once a week. It's really been vexing and frustrating figuring out how the alerts work in terms of immediate, fixed, random, but I emailed the support team and was helped right away. Unfortunately the issue has not been solved so I'm stuck with opening the app when I remember to do so instead of getting alerted throughout the day like I had hoped. I hope this issue gets solved soon.
- Cognitive Behavioral Institute of Albuquerque, LLC, The
- 21 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Bradford C. Richards, Cognitive Behavioral Institute of Albuquerque, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.