Warning: This is not a standalone IRC client. It needs a Quassel Core running on a server and an account on it.
iQuassel is an iOS client for the Quassel IRC system.
You can use it to connect to a Quassel Core and chat with it on your favorite IRC channels.
Please note that iQuassel is not yet intended as a full replacement of the desktop client, but as a quick way to chat on your channels/queries from your device.
If you have any questions, please drop by on #woboquassel on irc.freenode.net
Or use the issue tracker on https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/
* For connecting to Quassel cores version 0.7.x to 0.12.x (possibly 0.13.x)
* TLS encryption to Quassel core
* ...and compressed connection
* Backlog fetching (Pull Down To Refresh)
* Nick completion
* Open URLs in Safari
* Portrait and landscape mode (iPad only)
* Buttons for next/previous buffer
* Nick Coloring
* User lists in channels
* Hide Joins/Parts/Quits
* Background app refresh for private messages and channels (red app icon badge)
Icon by https://benjamindietrich.com/
Contributions by lowlyw https://github.com/woboq/iquassel
* On iPhone, only show "recent" chats in the buffer list by default
* Background app fresh (red home screen badge). Configure it in channel settings (gear icon) https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/3
* Nickname highlight when using older cores
* Works again on iOS12
* Several bugfixes/refactorings
* Dark mode general improvements (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/12)
* Dark mode for iPad (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/12)
* J/P/Q button to hide joins/parts/quits (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/4)
* Fix darkmode glitches (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/12)
* Fix tab completion for external keyboards (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/21)
* Fix last seen message computation (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/9)
* Fix authentication stuck at "Authenticated". If it still happens, please contact us! (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/17)
* Fix crash that happens some seconds after startup (https://github.com/woboq/iquassel/issues/15)
1.8.0: Thanks to contributions by lowlyw we're getting:
* Dark Mode theme
* 'Tab' key above virtual keyboard for nick completion
* Support for "all-screen" devices like iPhone X, ...
Valutazioni e recensioniElenco completo
Some improvements, still feels a little unpolished
I’ve been using this app for a number of years, and have had some of the same complaints that others have had. A few of them have been fixed, namely tab completion and iPhone X and newer screen support. Other than my nitpicky issues, the app works well enough. I wouldn’t recommend using this as a primary Quassel client, but it’s a great way to stay on top of your IRC backlog.
Overall, the app feels a bit unpolished. When you return to the app from the app switcher, you get a “Please reconnect to core” message that hangs for about 1 second while the app reconnects in the background.
Dark mode exists, which is better than some apps, but it definitely doesn’t feel like the developer uses dark mode regularly. There are a number of interface elements that do not appear to be extensively tested with dark mode. Namely, when reconnecting to the core, it’s black text on white background, which can be visually jarring if your entire device is set up with dark mode.
Tab complete is a new feature in 1.8.2, which works as you would expect. It’s a nice addition, so props for that.
Overall, $0.99 is a decent price for this app. Three stars, because the app has some shortcomings, but it’s still one of the first apps I download on any new iOS device I get.
Risposta dello sviluppatore ,
Could you retry with 1.8.2? We have iPhone X and tab completion now
Useful, but needs more features for the price
I'm using the iPod touch version. It's nice to be able to use Quassel on my mobile device, but it's not very configurable. For instance, it has no highlighting support. You can't change the colors. There's no user list that I can find. For $7, it needs to do this and more.
That being said, it's really useful. I like to be able to use Quassel on my mobile.
It is mind blowing that people pay up to $25 per person per month when IRC is alive and kicking and works beautifully from anywhere with this amazing tool!
- Woboq GmbH
- 2.1 MB
- Social network
Richiede iOS 12.0 o versioni successive. Compatibile con iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.
- © 2012-2020 Woboq GmbH
Se “In famiglia” è stato attivato, fino a sei membri della famiglia potranno usare l’app.