Looking for local scrap yards?
Looking for current scrap metal prices?
Want to report local scrap prices?
The iScrap App is the everyday tool for scrap metal recycling.
Since 2011, the iScrap App has been connecting customers and scrap yards in the US & Canada. By locating local area yards, users can view company information, contact details, and local scrap metal prices. With recent updates users can also view and report user-uploaded local scrap prices. Users can report prices received for scrap metal from local yards directly into the iScrap App.
- Locate Scrap Yards
- Contact Yards for Prices & Services
- Check Scrap Metal Prices
- Report Local Scrap Prices
- Check Back for Current Prices
- View Yard Information: Photo, Videos, & More
Some minor improvements to the interface
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not Bad, needs a little work
Scrap yard "A" near my home still has 2014 prices posted 2 years later, even after software updates, scrap yard "B" also near my home only updates prices once a month, not totally iScrap's fault, but there's times when I touch on yard "A" to check for price updates then go to yard "B" to check prices and the app automatically goes back to yard "A's" prices and sticks there. Any way iScrap could get their yards to update prices weekly? Both yards websites defer pricing to iScrap. Pointless to have the app if I still have to call the yards regularly.
Completely outdated and useless.
Unusable due to developer's security choice
1) This app shows me pins where there are scrap locations. Big deal! It won't show prices which is what I wanted. Worse than that,
2) the developer is a greedy jerk. For an app like this to be user-friendly, it needs to use the phone's current location so the user doesn't have to force it in. Even though a developer has the choice to let the user allow location access only when using the app, this developer makes the user choose between NEVER or ALWAYS sharing the phone's location. The only reason the developer has to continuously monitor and log the phone's locations when the app is NOT being used is to SELL that information to others.
3) When the app gives me the choice to share my location only when the app is in use and provides price data I will use it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.