The ultimate orchestra sound app for sophisticated musicians by award-winning sound designer Kurt Ader, designed as professional sound module for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch by connecting an external MIDI keyboard, using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
Listen to the demo videos on our product website!
This app supports Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps, as well as Bluetooth LE MIDI !
iSymphonic Orchestra was designed with the goal to deliver you superb, extremely realistic and stunning orchestra sounds, instantly with the first key being pressed by you on your MIDI keyboard. Just select a sound and you are ready for your live performance or for a boost of creativity while composing new songs. The sounds used in this app were explicitly recorded to fulfill these requirements and involved several months of recording and post processing under supervision of Kurt Ader and included a variety of innovative, new recording techniques. So far these sounds were only available to very few, famous movie composers. Now they are finally available for the first time to everybody. The supreme quality of these sounds, combined with the unique way they were recorded and assembled, gives us confidence that you haven't heard anything comparable as of to date, even not on Mac or PC.
25 Sounds included with base App:
• Orchestra Strings Spiccato & Legato 1 - 4
• Orchestra Strings Slow 1 - 3
• Chamber Arco Strings
• Legato Orchestra Strings 1
• Full Sordino Strings 1 - 2
• Legato Orchestra
• Staccato Orchestra 1 - 3
• Tremolo Orchestra
• Pizzicato Strings
• Full Strings
• Tremolo Strings
• All Brass 1 - 2
• Trombone Section
• Cello & Woodwinds
• Horns & Strings
• Full Legato Orchestra
297 additional sounds available as 15 optional in-app purchase sound sets: „Pro-", „Arpa-", „Canto-", „Boato-", „Vento-", „Ottone-", „Voce-", „Varia-", „Perla-", „Aulos-", „Keys-", „Cupra-", „Organ-", „Tosca-" and „Corda Sound Set". You find a detailed sound list & demo videos on our product website.
• Low latency disk streaming.
• Very efficient audio engine.
• Polyphony of several hundred stereo voices.²
• Audio latency down to 1 ms.
• Integrated effects with 18 presets.
• 16 parts.
• Scale Tuning & Master Tune.
• MIDI velocity response curve editor.
• App States: Save app's entire state as user presets.
• Interactive, easy & quick sound finder.
• App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
• Hermode Tuning: Imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians of i.e. orchestras and choirs.
• Audio Unit v3 Plugin included.
• Supports Apple's "Inter-App Audio" (IAA) system.
• Audiobus support.
• Virtual on-screen piano keyboard with velocity support, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
• Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
• Share your songs easily as audio file.
• Unlimited amount of tracks.
• Configurable MIDI channel per track.
• Unlimited recording and playback length.
• Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
• Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs easily.
¹ For more information about supported adapters and MIDI keyboards, please visit our product website.
² Sounds are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
This update fixes several issues with the new iPad Air 3 and iPad mini 5 models.
Ratings and Reviews
Sounds work with Linnstrument!!!
This app works very well with the Linnstrument controller. The app is stable. I really am impressed with the sounds. I would like the developer to expand the sound sets even more. Admittedly, this is one of the first sound set of this type that I own. The reverbs and the echoes effects are a nice touch. These effects are simple, intuitive and very useful, although basic. Overall, this is a nice addition. The basic app purchase includes a basic set of sounds. Additional sound sets can be added as in app purchases. Each additional sound sets are about the same the starting app price which gets you about a dozen or more sounds plus or minus. Maybe I’m paying a premium price, but the sounds are convincing.
Very nice indeed
This app has some of the best orchestral sounds available...all are high quality. The sounds can be a little slow to load, but that’s fine. The sound packs are pretty pricey so choose wisely. Also, it would be nice to be able to change the attack and release if the instruments being triggered.
Amazing Sounds!!!! BUT..Not yet an full AU with GB
Crashes with GarageBand... Some sounds wont merge, sounds change from what you originally record. Audio engine stops every 5 min..you have to reload the whole program then find the sound you were using. Just bought these all in app purchases very disappointed with this as an AU.
But the sounds are Amazing. I contacted the company and got an immediate response clarifying it has issues that were being addressed and (This issue would be fully repaired by the up and coming update.) That makes this the best app for IPad Pro sounds available IMO.
Equipment - Working on fully expanded 2018 IPad Pro.
- Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- 1.4 GB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2019 Crudebyte & KApro Kurt Ader Productions
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Sound Set $11.99
- Arpa Sound Set $8.99
- Canto Sound Set $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.