Best Casting App! Find online Movies, TV shows, Live shows, and cast them to your TV.
iWebTV™ works with Chromecast + Roku + Apple TV (4th Gen) + Fire TV, as well as smart TVs powered by Roku or Chromecast.
*** Feature Highlights ***
• HD resolution supported (1080p and up to 4K depending on the device)
• Advanced browser, supports multiple browser tabs, blocks or hides spammy popups, search from the URL bar, ad blocker, browsing history etc...
• Subtitle auto-detect + Movie/TV Subtitle library
• Live streams support
• Video preview: up to 72 snapshots to instantly locate your favorite scenes.
• Binge on TV show episodes - queue up many episodes and let them play uninterrupted.
• Set your own home page, bookmark web page or videos.
• Full playback controls, from the app or from the lock screen after exiting the app.
• Privacy modes: anonymous & private
Some of the features above require in-app purchase
iWebTV actually plays the video on your media player which results in a much higher quality picture than apps that mirror your screen.
* Excluding video formats not compatible with iOS (flash)
** Most video sites should work great, however if you are experiencing issues casting from your favorite site, send us a quick note from the app's menu > feedback. We add support for video sites every day, and the most-often requested web sites get fast-tracked priority.
*** The following TV brands have one or more products compatible with iWebTV - Sony, Sharp, Philips, TCL, Vestel, RCA, Vizio, Toshiba, Philips, Magnavox, Polaroid (look for "Roku Smart TV", "Chromecast buit-in", "Google Cast Ready")
iWebTV™ is a trademark of Swishly Inc
iWebTV offers a variety of upgrades, some of which are subscription-based. For these upgrades, the following terms apply:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
• Enjoy your videos without the banner overlay
• Enjoy your videos without the banner overlay
• Video preview with max resolution snapshots
• Bookmark your favorite pages and videos
• Set a custom home page
• Skip video ads
• Layout fixes
• Fixes for individual websites where videos weren't properly detected
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works Well With My IPad
I purchase and download a lot of educational web videos, and needed a way to project them to our TV using my existing ROKU devices, so my wife could view them with me. I started out with the free version on my iPad, but recently went ahead and purchased the full features.
The only issue I have is, I have to toggle my WIFI or Airplane Mode, on my iPad, OFF and ON in order for the app to pick up my ROKU devices. It’s probably due to my wireless network setup. It’s no big deal, as I’ve gotten into the habit of doing this anytime I prepare to watch videos, and everything then works flawlessly. It’s an awesome app with excellent capability. It saved me from having to purchase additional streaming equipment compatible with my iPad-furnished proprietary app, as I don’t need an additional streaming device.
So far so good
Works well at what it is supposed to - it casts to the TV. You search for everything in the app. It acts as a browser like safari, but then you add videos to the queue if you want to watch them. This queue feature is super helpful when you're wanting to binge something. There's a small banner at the banner if you don't pay the $3 to remove it, but it's not obtrusive, and it's also not super expensive to remove. It does give you a notification at the top of the screen if you leave the app (or turn off the display), telling you to "return when convenient" as it needs the app open to avoid buffering. It does stop playing if you don't return to the app every so often, so it's quite as great as actual casting, but overall it's useable. Other than the small banner, no intrusive pop up ads or anything annoying like that. Works for how I need it to work! Recommended if you just need something easy to cast videos from the web that don't already support this.
App begins to act up with repeated use of certain steaming sites
I’ve used this app to stream a lot of my anime and movies for a long time period. But now it seems whenever I try to watch my shows and movies from certain websites the app after a few days will tell me the video is not playable for whatever reason after working fine for some weeks. It’s annoying because I know it’s an app issue. I’ve been able to play the media off my phone, visit the sites on my personal laptop with no issue, but after a while the app decides that videos you’ve been playing on it with no problem are now unplayable and there is no workaround or fix. It’s been a great run with this application but I think it’s time to find a new one. If some clarity as yo why this happens from the developers could be provided that would be great.
TL; DR this app will stream perfectly for some weeks maybe even months but if you consistently use certain sites, it will eventually fail you.
- Swishly inc
- 63.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Swishly Inc
- In-App Purchases
- iWebTV PRO $6.99
- Remove Banner $5.99
- Proxy Streaming for Chromecast $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.