iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
# Key Features:
- Sync across all your Mac, iPad, and iPhone devices*.
- Text editing with live syntax highlighting.
- Preview for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents.
- Typewriter mode with focusing on sentence, line, or paragraph.
- Fast and responsive editing even for large files.
- Integrated counters for words, chars, sentences, and paragraphs.
- QuickLook plugin for previewing documents in Finder.
# iWriter Pro Supports:
- Math equations, Flowchart and Mermaid diagrams.
- Exporting documents as HTML, PDF, RTF, EPUB, and LaTeX.
- Keyboard shortcuts for text formatting.
- Automatic number, bullet, and task list continuations.
- User-selectable fonts (with face and size).
* iWriter Pro for iPhone and iPad available as a separate purchase.
** Please note: iWriter Pro is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files only (like ‘.txt’ and ‘.md’).
• Todo items now display correctly in Preview.
• Fixed highlight for elements enclosed by parentheses and tables.
• Fixed a bug with font size being too large in PDF and print.
• Memory management improvements.
If you like iWriter Pro please rate it in the Mac App Store every time the update goes live. Your ratings and reviews help us deliver new updates!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent app for writing
I’ve tried a ridiculous number of writing apps, and this has swiftly become my favorite. It’s minimalist without feeling constrained (i.e., there are more than two theme choices, and you can choose your own font). Syncing with the iOS version runs smoothly. There’s no extra cruft, so you can just enjoy writing. And in a nice touch for fiction writing, you can actually indent first lines of paragraphs, a feature which turns out to be hard to find in markdown editors. And there’s no subscription.
Would be great, with some improvements
I had to let my previous markup app go, b/c I moved up to macOS Catalina, which is 64 bit. There are 3 problems with this app that slow down my productivity. 1) I need an app that recognizes URL syntax, and automatically makes it clickable in documents. 2) Every time I open 1Write I am searching for a document to read or edit. However, 1Writer's default is to search the entire computer, rather that the designated file folder of my docs. Having to click the name of that folder after attempting a search is an unnecessary step. It would also be helpful if the app would automatically reveal documents as you type the letters you are searching for (live search). 3) I am often moving from one document to another, and therefore want 1Writer to remain on the screen when I exit a document. It is a pain that every time I exit a document, I have to bring 1Writer up again. There should be an preference option to keep it on the screen in the background while editing a document.
I do think this app can be very useful with these improvements.
This is the best Markdown editor I have used…
and it gets better with every release. It is so refreshing to find a small indie app with such an active developer making regular improvements and updates to the application. Love it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.