JabMe - your free and easy XMPP messenger. This application aims to connect registered users of all existing Jabber-servers. It’s free from any SMS plan. Application’s interface language depends on the user’s iPhone system language.
Capabilities & Features
Using JabMe is a real piece of cake since it’s not only a bright, inviting App, but also a simple in use messenger. The user can easily start the chat and text free messages to the contacts right after installing and logging in. Besides, the user is offered to:
· see the complete list of JabMe users/contacts
· beware of the unread messages number via ‘bubble’
· share both instant text messages and images
· view only those users who are currently Online and ready to chat
· update user’s profile image either with saved image or take a new picture
· find needed contact via fast JabMe Search
· look for users who are registered on other Jabber-servers, add and befriend them.
4 useful tips for JabMe usage
Ready to download and install the application? Hold on a bit! To ensure that you’ll enjoy your Jabber experience, please give a few minutes more to look through 4 preconditions:
1. The user must be connected to the Internet and install JabMe application from the App Store on his/her device.
2. User’s Login must be in the ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ format and contain 6 to 50 characters in the Latin alphabet or numeric characters.
3. User’s Password must contain from 6 to 16 characters.
4. Each text message should contain from 1 to 500 characters.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- base improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
2 Stars Because
Dropped from 3 to 2 stars because of several issues:
- I don’t receive some messages, it won’t send images and there are no notifications such as, sounds, badge app icon, or any sort of notifications.
- Contacts in Chats also disappear. I’d have to toggle around the app or reopen it.
- There’s no time stamps and there’s nothing in the settings, except to change picture and logout.
I like it because it’s lightweight and very clean, but it needs to be fixed.
Simple and Clean
This is just what I was looking for. I tried many other apps and it was very frustrating to go through different logins and creating accounts for their own services just to use my own server. This app, as soon as you open it, it ask for your jab login. I entered my credentials and It logged me in on first try. Did some exchange message tests and it worked with no issues. What I would like to see is the ability to change my name and the name of a buddy to a more friendly one and the ability to mute conversations. One thing I notice is that it will not alert me of new messages. I think this type of protocol isn't push aware?
Almost. Can send and see notification count but no text
This one actually connects to my jabber server and I can see my contacts. I'm able to send but only get a tiny reply count bubble but no text.
The developer, CHISW Development LTD, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CHISW Development LTD
- 13.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 CHI Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.