Jellywatch.org is a database for monitoring ocean conditions, especially jellyfish populations.
Citizen scientists are encouraged to submit reports from around the world. The data will be freely available to download or browse. Report jellyfish blooms, red tides, and even clean “normal” conditions you observe. If you submit a photo, we can identify the species for you as well.
• The app has been rewritten with new map displays, better photo viewing, a sharing panel, and improved filtering options.
• The interface has been updated to reflect new categories of observations available at jellywatch.org.
• This version contains advanced browsing features for exploring the data set, but does not yet support uploading your own sightings
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works fast and easy to access info and upload your own sightings. very cool! Great for living by the beach
Good job Peter!
I might use this info in my next animation! Thanks for the app!
Exceptional quality. Probably best marine life app I have ever seen!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- 14 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.