This app will help you configure the carb of your 2-strokes Yamaha YZ bike (YZ 65, YZ 80, YZ 85, YZ 125, YZ 250) to improve its performance. Using temperature, altitude, humidity, atmospheric pressure and oil-mix ratio, the app will show you a recommendation about jetting to your specific bike, so it can be useful to get a spot-on configuration and adapt it to the weather changes.
In order to get the weather values, the application can use the GPS to obtain the position and altitude, and the network connection to get the temperature, pressure and humidity from the nearest weather station. Nevertheless, the application can run without GPS and internet connection, in this case, the user has to give the altitude and weather data.
The application is made up of four tabs that are described next:
- Results: in this tab, the recommended main jet, needle type and clip position, pilot jet and air screw position are shown. These data are calculated depending on the weather conditions and the engine configuration introduced in the next tabs. In addition, this tab lets to make a fine tuning adjustment to adapt to a concrete engine.
- Weather: you can set the values for current temperature, altitude, pressure and humidity. The values of this screen can be manually set or can be loaded by the application reading the data from the nearest weather station (from the GPS tab).
- Engine: you must set in this screen the information about the engine, that is, the year, region, model and carburetor, and the oil mix ratio that you're using.
- GPS: this tab allows to use the GPS to get the current position and altitude, and connect to an external service to get the weather conditions of the nearest weather station (temperature, pressure and humidity).
The application can manage different measure units: meters and feet for altitude, ºC and ºF for temperatures, mb, hPa, inHg, mmHg for pressure.
Yamaha YZ models that are included:
- YZ65 from 2018 to 2019.
- YZ80 / YZ85 from 1995 to 2019.
- YZ125 from 1995 to 2019.
- YZ250 from 1995 to 2018.
2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 models are included.
YZ65 that appeared in 2018 is included.
Ratings and Reviews
Update Your App
This app is still suggesting the 2006 and older needle jet N3EJ as standard for just about all temps/ elevations for a newer YZ250 including warm climate close to sea level. Yamaha changed to the N3EW needle in 2007 as it improved bottom and mid range.
I assumed I needed to go with the leaner N3EJ needle as per this apps suggestion so I purchased one. It is not an improvement.
I did plug in 2017 as the year of my bike.
Take some time and get everything correct and current for one of the most common 2 strokes available.
The other settings seem accurate.
Also not a huge deal but a nice touch would be to list the YZ250X as a selectable option. I get that the jetting is the same as a YZ250 but at least list it.
I tried this setup and it worked great! Some may say that it doesn't work because the bike won't idle, but they don't understand that this is how bikes are race tuned - it is to help the bike slow down faster with engine braking. If you have a doubt, adjust it first and grab the throttle halfway - it will lift the front end well before it hits the powerband. I went to sand mountain (Utah - 700 ft high dune) and the bike was still grabbing more power as I was flying up the dune in 3rd gear 1/2 to wide open throttle. Highly recommended.
Needing new features
Love the app, but would like to see big bore kit jetting on the app. Hope it's a update soon.
- Ingenieria del Software ISEnet S.L.
- 3 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Ingeniería del Software ISEnet S.L.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.