*A companion app for the Journeys in Middle-earth board game from Fantasy Flight Games.
Embark on your own adventures in J.R.R. Tolkien’s iconic world with The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth, a fully-cooperative board game for one to five players! During every game, heroes must band together on a perilous adventure to battle powerful foes, discover lost treasures, uncover forgotten lore, and customize their skills according to their role within their Fellowship.
This companion app dictates the setup of each encounter, tracks your party’s inventory and skills, and resolves combat while you brave the looming forests, quiet clearings, and ancient halls of Middle-earth.
- Added Chinese language
- Fixing "orange screen" bug on Journey maps
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, needs more campaigns
I love this game, and the app is amazing. It really is genius and makes this game unlike anything I’ve played before. Here are a few things I’d like to see:
-More campaign options. This was actually a huge disappointment. The game is expensive, so to play 13 adventures and then be finished with the campaign, with no other campaigns available, is kind of a bummer. Yes we will go replay Bones of Arnor with new characters again and it will be different and fun, but still, there should be more options for a game that’s nearly $100. I know another will be coming out to purchase, but it seems like it should have started with 3-4 available.
- I love the narrator at the beginning and end of the campaign. I would love it if there was an option to have the narrator read the flavor in each adventure
- There is no way that I can find to “undo” or go back to reread something that just happened. There were a few times we skipped over something too quickly, or hit a wrong button, then couldn’t go back.
- An option to keep the screen awake would be nice.
-The “chronicle” button on our app doesn’t work in some adventures, but does in other. It just sort of crashes and closes the app when we try to go to it.
Again, the app is amazing and as far as I know, really unique. Since it’s so new I hope a couple of these things get taken care of!
The road goes ever on and on...
Going to try to keep this short and try to add useful suggestions as I play the game.
Sooo... the game is awesome. FFG has come up with an amazing game, very impressive. The app helps to reinforce the Middle-earth theme with great graphics and immersive but unobtrusive audio track (including both music and ambient sounds of nature).
Normal when I open a new FFG game I expect it to be very rules-heavy and complex. Not the case here! With just a little bit of patience I was able to get my 10 y.o. Playing this very easily.
Suggestions- On the player cards each Stat Icon has a specific shape and a unique color. The app, when instructing you to make a skill test, only displays the Stat’s *shape* displayed in white. It would make it much easier to quickly identify which stat to use if the app displayed it in the corresponding color. Easy fix that could really make things less confusing for new players.
Thanks for a great game!
Awesome App - Needs features!
This is an awesome board game, and I genuinely hope that Fantasy Flight is investing a significant portion of its R&D budget to more app assisted board games. This makes the game experience far more entertaining and immersive. It also bridges the experience for game players who are not are as hardcore as other gamers.
That being said, the app could use some features. Namely:
- Could we have the ability to rename saved games?
- Could we associate character players with actual game player names? To keep multiple campaigns straight?
- Could we export saved games so other people could continue a campaign on another device?
- Could we have the campaign sync to a cloud service? Like iCloud or Dropbox?
- It would be satisfying to have victory or defeat animations after you complete an adventure.
- Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc
- 281.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Fantasy Flight Games
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.