JSY2 continues John's foray into spreading his teaching and knowledge of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with instructional audio and visual material exploring the Ashtanga Vinyasa Count of the Second Series.
The source material comes with John's official approval and combines newly recorded material and teacher training course notes in a portable format. The application focuses on the Vinyasa Count, the mantra of the Ashtanga practice, with John's instructional audio track playing over his instantly recognisable glyph images (Asana pictures are included where available but more of these will follow in future free updates)
This Universal Application features:-
- John's video 'After 30 years of practice...'
- Second Series vinyasa count merged from two classes that John taught
- Extended Teaching Mantra, Focussed 12, Morning Stretch and Practice Mantra with John
- Sanskrit numbers and terms covering the Asanas from Second Series
- Audio scrubbing for quick access to instructional information
- Asana details from John's personal manual notes
- Access to John's online website
- Access to John's Facebook page
- Asana Flipcards for second series
- Asana states for each asana
- ** NEW ** Asana Quick Review: Quickly review the Vinyasa for each asana at the touch of a button. Not sure where each Vinyasa lie then this new feature will allow you to quickly scroll through and see where each one i, along with a brief instruction to keep your count on track*
This version presents the Ashtanga Second Series for review for existing students and as an introduction to those with an existing Ashtanga Practice who may be new to John's teachings. The application is not meant as a means of learning Yoga postures though it is presented as a means to extend the student's understanding of the Vinyasa Count for Second Series.
Students who practice Primary Series only are strongly recommended to use John's Primary Series application though John welcomes those with an inquisitive, playful mind who want to learn more about the Second Series to utilise this app to begin their journey of enquiry. We do not recommend this group practice directly with the app - please find a qualified teacher who can correctly guide you through this more advanced series.
In all instances John highly recommends you find the guidance of a qualified teacher to help with your practice. Second series is an advanced practice so consider this material only as reference only, not as an instructional guide or otherwise replacement for a good teacher.
* Some material for this feature will be released in a future free app update
In this version :-
- Minor bug fixes
- Update to latest SDKs
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Graeme Lunn
- 380.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (C) John Scott, 2012-2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.