Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere. Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Jump Desktop also supports our own, high performance, next generation remote desktop protocol called Fluid Remote Desktop.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC. Fluid Remote Desktop uses DTLS for secure connections.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Powerful Collaboration Features:
Collaborative screen sharing lets many users connect to the same desktop. Each user gets their own mouse cursor and can click and point without fighting over the same cursor. Great for editing documents with coworkers, tweaking designs with remote team members, creating presentations together, and teaching Grandma how to clean out her email.
* Remote Support
Connect and help anyone by asking them to install the free Jump Desktop Connect app and share a simple URL with you. It's simple, quick and very powerful.
* Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Full support for tabbed windows. Tightly integrated into macOS's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Our next generation high performance Fluid Remote Desktop is optimized for low latency secure screen sharing. We also have our own in-house implementations of VNC and RDP protocols. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display.
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC and Fluid Remote Desktop
* Collaborative screen sharing
* Remote support
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016/2019, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support
* RD Gateway support
* Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Multi monitor support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
* Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
* Microphone redirection for Fluid Connections (Mac to Mac only)
* Retina support for Fluid Connections
* Option to always start connections in 'Observe Only' mode
* Option to disable Fluid's resolution matching for all connections
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT APP GREAT SUPPORT
i used this app years ago and bought it again. When this app works it is five stars all the way. Setup is easy once you understand how this works. I needed to speak to customer support because i was getting so frustrated. We concluded that directions needed to be clearer to the user. We resolved my issue and support was fantastic helping me and my 87 year old dad. Let me tell you something with setup: 1. You Google Jumpdesktop connect to first install the software which lets you access your computer. This is the software you download one time on each computer that you will want to access remotely. Once you set that up, you got to step 2. Step 2 is download deskjump app. You follow the prompts. Once you have jump desktop, you can then access the computer you previoulsy downloaded jump desktop connect on.
Another issue i had was with the name of the computer. If you don’t have the name exactly right, you can have an issue logging in. So, when you are in your dashboard of jump desktop, right click the computer you want to access. You will see a user name and then you might see a different computer name. The computer name is the name of the computer and then you use the password on that computer to login. If you have Catalina, you might have a few extra steps. They have instructions for Catalina. I said a mouthful, but it is actually easy if you do steps #1 and #2 in that order. Buy it is worth it.
THE remote desktop app
I’ve used this app for at least five years and it has has honestly performed flawlessly. It connects to our remote server very quickly, no lag time on the keystrokes… it does exactly what you need it to do. I run it on my Mac, my ipad and my iphone. There has been many a road trip where I had to access my desktop on my phone for an emergency file and it does the trick. Oh, and here’s a protip: Your boss is on vacation. You cut out early for the day. If you respond to an email from your boss, he or she can totally tell when your email is coming from your iPhone; it is formatted differently than a regular email originated from Outlook. If you get that email from your boss, you log onto to the Jump app, go onto your Outlook and it’s as if you sent it from your very own desk. You think this would be common knowledge, but I can’t tell you how many people i’ve seen send email from their phones in the middle of the day. Rookie mistake! But, i digress… GREAT APP!!!
I have used this app almost everyday for 5-8 years
The BIGGEST problem I have with this app may be unique to how I intereact with it. But it's a HUGE issue for me. I've almost tried to find other options. I am a day trader and I use the app while at my professional job to trade from my desktop at home. But I don't like to keep the monitor connected. I have a 2 way selecter switch so that the monitor can be used in other situations like my kids playing xbox while I am away. Well this creates a MAJOR problem. The screen will end up tearing and especailly panels/sections of the screen that move with scroll bars or sections that I can make bigger or smaller when clicking and dragging. If I do not click and drag them perfectly they will create like a screenshot that gets stuck and frozen on top of the actual functioning parts of the trading terminal I use. Making it EXTREMELY hard to use. It's like looking at a still picture while the app is functioning perfectly behind the image. I can minimize and resize the program and move them around these stuck images. But they will appear all over the screen and its makes using the trading terminal and real pain. The only way to fix it, is to press the button on the monitor selecter button to reset the apps connection. It was explained to me that this is called "headless mode" and is a common problem with remote desktops when not connected to a monitor. I wish someone would solve this issue.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PhaseFive Systems
- 48.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Phase Five Systems
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.