Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Jump Desktop also supports our own, high performance, next generation remote desktop protocol called Fluid Remote Desktop.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time. Also - not subscriptions!
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC. Fluid Remote Desktop uses DTLS for secure connections.
* Works with almost any computer and operating system.
* Supports physical mice! On iOS 13 and iPadOS, Jump Desktop supports the accessibility mouse with some limitations. Jump Desktop also supports special physical mice with no limitations. For more information visit https://jumpdesktop.com/mice.
* Fluid Remote Desktop protocol supports high performance remote desktop and audio.
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Setup as many computers as you like – there are no limits!
* Built for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod
* iPad Pro features: Full support for split-screen multitasking and Apple Pencil.
* Open multiple simultaneous connections
* Live connection previews
* Protect your server settings using Touch ID
* Connection syncing via iCloud connection syncing
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard: The best bluetooth keyboard support on the App Store. Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys - everything works. Also includes macros for keys no available on bluetooth keyboards (i.e function keys)
* SSH tunneling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support via touch gestures: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA external monitor support: View your desktop on an external monitor using a cable or AirPlay. Jump Desktop will let you utilize you external display as a true monitor (not as a mirror like other apps on the store).
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Full support for Linea and Infinea barcode and MSR scanners. Includes support for E2E encryption.
* Supports RD Gateway
* Supports custom resolutions. Set any resolution you want including Retina resolutions.
* Dynamic RDP resolution updates on Windows 8.1+
* Remote printing: Send print outs from your computer to your iPad/iPhone device (exclusive RDP print redirection feature on the App Store!)
* Folder sharing
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7+
* Multi-touch redirection support on Windows 8+
* Super high performance, adaptive remote desktop
* Audio streaming
* Strong encryption built into the protocol
* Connect from anywhere, even restricted networks without requiring networking knowledge
* Clipboard sharing
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
* New: In Mouse Cursor Locked mode you can now customize pointer acceleration and speed in Settings -> Mouse & Gestures -> Physical Mouse
* New: Support for Cloudless Fluid connections
* Physical keyboard fixes
* We're back to old icon. Thank you all for your feedback. We're going back to the drawing board.
* New: Pointer Lock mode for Games and 3D applications for Fluid.
* New: Fluid: Up to 2x performance increase.
* iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 compatibility.
* Stability and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is the one you’re looking for
After getting my iPad I was disheartened to learn that sidecar wasn’t as fully featured as I hoped. While the picture was fantastic, it didn’t support an external mouse or the trackpad on the magic keyboard. So I started searching for remote desktop applications that would fit the bill of allowing me to access my desktop across the house with minimal effort. To my horror, I realized that almost none of them provided an easy way to resize my screen to fit the iPad resolution, further, when connected to an external monitor, they maintained the iPad 4:3 aspect ratio, which made for an unpleasant experience. Much to my surprise, this app not only automatically resizes the screen to the iPad resolution (when using their protocol and app), but it ALSO changes the video out resolution to fit whatever monitor you hook it up to. Absolutely incredible work! Well worth the money.
Now I CAN leave my laptop behind! There is no hyperbole in this comment. I set up a VPN on my home network and complement it with Jump. I have installed it on my iPhone, iPad, Mac Mini, and MacBook Pro. I use it to connect to my desktop (Mac Mini) when I am away from home. I also use it from anywhere when I connect to my Ubuntu file, and network servers, and any one of my Ubuntu Virtual Box VMs. It is a proven winner for me using RDP, and VNC protocols. Since I have access to my home desktop, I can do my remote software development work without having to be stuck at home. The only downside is that I occasionally lose connections. This may be due to weak WiFi or when my OS goes to sleep, I don’t know. But it is super easy to re-establish the connection manually. I think I spent $10 in the App Store and is totally worth it. I compared with several RDP apps which are either free or for a fee (including the remote desktop from the software giant) before I committed to Jump. Jump is definitely the better value on all platforms.
Literally The Best Remote Desktop/Connection Out There By FAR
Been using Jump now for a few years and ever since the very first day I’ve loved it and never regretted purchasing for my iPhone. I’ve tried so many other different apps and software and jump is literally endless miles ahead of so very many others. I even use it when I want to connect with my shadow cloud desktop from my iPhone instead of using the shadow application alone simply being that it lacks a plethora of user friendly features and versatility that jump does, like flawless two finger zooming and scrolling, mouse pointer and touch location and accuracy and so many more. Cannot recommended Jump Desktop any higher, they have by far exceeded my expectations for years now and continue to do so flawlessly. Cheers!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PhaseFive Systems
- 74.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Phase Five Systems
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.