Browse the popular video streaming service with the power and comfort of spatial computing!
Juno is an app for browsing the popular YouTube video streaming platform on Apple's latest and greatest device.
- It improves the website substantially with a visual overhaul so it feels right at home on visionOS
- Incredibly powerful and beautiful video player, with native controls for interacting with the video, including resizing to create a home theater experience in your living room, repositioning, dimming your room around the video, and more!
- Aspect ratio detection, so your ultrawide videos are comfortable right alongside your old 4:3 uploads of VHS tapes
- Quickly increase or decrease speed, toggle captions, and share!
- Quickly launch right from the visionOS Home Screen
No YouTube account is required. Juno does NOT circumvent ads in any way, however if you have YouTube Premium you will enjoy all its benefits.
Quick bug fix for window grab bar disappearing on the main screen.
Changes in 1.1:
Thank you for an amazing launch of Juno! I worked really hard since launch to bring your feedback and ideas into Juno to make it even better, and this update is exactly that!
- Quality options
- Fixed bug where close controls could disappear
- Better volume controls and video controls
- Fixed bug where video time could jump around due to small hand movements
- Faster load times
- Drag and drop support
- Fixed bug where loading the main screen could sign you out
- Added a URL scheme so other apps can launch into Juno, just replace the https part of the URL with juno
- Redesigned the screen when the video ends, allow for easier closing of video
- Hides home indicator during playback
- Improves corner radius of video so you can see more of the video
- Fixed bug where title of video could sometimes be wrong
- Fixed bug where tapping in the middle could pause the video
- Fixed bug where could not tap categories at the top
- Fixed bug where the icon for going forward in time could be backward
Hope you enjoy it, keep the feedback and ideas coming, I have some more fun things cookin'!
Ratings and Reviews
Video, scrubbing from anywhere is horrible
This is a good app better than Safari,the ability to scrub anywhere it’s very annoying especially when I’m trying to eat and I keep scrolling through the video with my fork in my hand. I hope this is fixed soon and fix the issue where it pauses when I click the video to look at the menu.
It would be OK for a free app, but it’s not
The app is fine. It works for the most part. However, it has a ton of little annoyances. It sometimes will log me out of my account and I have to click sign in in the top right corner. Other times it doesn’t save videos I previously watched in my history, almost like it’s not syncing to my Google account properly. Also, the scrub from anywhere is really annoying. It sounds great on paper, but I find myself accidentally scrubbing through videos, while randomly just adjusting my hands. I would deal with all of these little issues if it was a free app, but this was not a free app, and these things need to be fixed
This is definitely better than the website alone but there are some issues. I had the app unable to load a video and there was no way to navigate back. Effectively I couldn’t use it until I restarted the Vision Pro since it would be in the same state if I closed and reopened it.
Trying to find videos of a specific subscription wasn’t really possible. I’d really like better subscription navigation. So good first try, but it could still use work.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Selig
- 43.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Contests Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Christian Selig 2024
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.