Kachinga™ helps parents raise money-smart kids by combining an intuitive allowance, chore, and savings management app with a secure debit card for kids with parental controls to provide critical real-world money experience.
Kachinga empowers kids by giving them age-appropriate ideas how to earn money and the freedom to make their own money decisions in a safe and controlled environment. And gives parents peace of mind by making it super easy to transfer money (no more trips to the ATM!), providing transparency and controls for kids’ spending, and delivering personalized financial literacy guidance and tools to help teach kids how to manage money responsibly.
Kachinga uses a reloadable debit card which means kids can only spend what parents put on the card. This means no overspending and no unexpected overdraft fees. Ever.
FOR PARENTS – CONVENIENCE & PEACE OF MIND
- Automate allowances & paid chores
- Instantly transfer money to kids’ cards
- Manage paid & unpaid chores
- Get real-time spending & chore notifications
- Set Parent-Paid interest rates for all savings
- Automatically match funds for each Save goal
- Turn card on/off from the app
- View kids’ account histories & trends
- Invite others to contribute to kids’ Save goals
FOR KIDS & TEENS – FREEDOM & RESPONSIBILITY
- Use their own app to manage their money
- Track Spend, Save & Give account balances
- View & manage chores
- Request paid chores
- Create savings & giving goals
- Shop online & in stores with their own card
- Use Apple Pay
- Turn card on/off from the app
- View account history & trends
SECURITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
- No hidden fees & no overdrafts mean no unwelcome surprises
- Accounts are FDIC insured through our partner Sunrise Banks, member FDIC
- Bank-grade encryption & authentication; we never store Social Security numbers
- Highly secure data management & strict data privacy; we never sell your data
- EMV chips ensure the card’s data can’t be stolen by card skimmers
- Fingerprint & Face ID lock to ensure privacy & security
- Automatically blocked categories for non-age appropriate spending
- Parents can choose if or how much money a kid can withdraw from ATM
Our platform is currently accessible by invitation only. Join our waitlist to get priority access when we launch by going to https:/kachinga.com.
We've made a few updates to make your experience even better! Please be sure to update the app to access the latest and greatest. If you have any feedback, just click on "Send us feedback" in your app. We'd love to hear from you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Makes financial literacy for kids so easy!
I have two daughters ages 10 and 12 who both have Kachinga cards and love them. I don’t need to remember to give them allowance as contributions to their account are automatic. We agreed on how to divide their allowance into spending, saving and giving pools, and now they can manage their money independently. They love the freedom of being able to shop online, and I never have to worry about a surprise bill because they can only spend what they have. Love it!
Great App for parents and children
We use it to make it easy to teach about goal setting and get our kids used to the idea of “cashless” spending. The fact that you can easily set recurring transfers is great and it allows us to show kids that they really got their allowance on their app and we do not have to visit an ATM just for that (or keep a tally in our head on how much we “owe” the children).
Kids love having their own debit card
It is so nice for the kids to have their own debit card to pay for things. It is also super simple to move money between family member accounts. Highly recommend this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.