KakaoTalk is a messaging and video calling app. It’s fast, fun, simple, and reliable. With more than 150 Million users worldwide, KakaoTalk connects people and the world. KakaoTalk works across mobile, desktop and wearable devices. Enjoy KakaoTalk anytime, anywhere in real-time!
KakaoTalk is now available on Watch OS.
- Check your recent chat history including group chats, 1:1 chats and chats in My Chatroom.
- Respond faster with emoticons and quick reply
- Reply with voice from Watch devices
- Record and play voice memos
※ KakaoTalk on Watch OS must be synced with your KakaoTalk on mobile.
· Simple, fun and reliable messaging in every network
· Make group chats with unlimited number of friends
· See who read your messages with unread count feature
· The easiest way to find new friends across the world who share the same interests
· Enjoy chats anonymously and share your interests, hobbies, and lifestyles
VOICE & VIDEO CALLS
· Enjoy 1:1 or group voice and video calls
· Change your voice with our Talking Tom & Ben voice filters
· Multitask while on voice & video calls
PROFILE & THEMES
· Change and customize your KakaoTalk with official and customized themes
· Create your profile with photos, videos, stickers, music and more!
· A variety of sticker collections that make chatting extra fun
· From popular stickers to the latest stickers, send as many stickers you want with Emotion PLUS
· View events and anniversaries scattered in different chatrooms at a glance
· Our Assistant Jordy will remind you of any upcoming events and help you manage schedules
OTHER AMAZING FEATURES
· Live Talk : real-time live chat and live streaming
· Kakao Channel : exclusive coupons & deals from your favorite brands
· Share your location and more!
Contact us at http://www.kakao.com/talk/en/contact
Follow us at http://twitter.com/kakaotalk
• Improved reaction feature
: You can now see up to six reaction items added on a message.
: Long-tap a message to see the reaction items set on the top and bottom of the menu.
• Improved how Open Chats are displayed in the chat list
: You can now see the Open Chatroom's cover image in the chat list.
• Added a create custom profile function
: Create your own unique profile photo using the create custom profile function.
Ratings and Reviews
If you’re a Korean, get it.
If you’re not, I don’t know why you would? I love the app. It’s super cute. However, when it comes to content sharing, it optimizes too much and completely destroys the integrity of the original content. (This may be highly subjective and the end users would probably never notice it. I’m in a tech industry and I think it’s very disruptive to the user experience esp the senders.) I know you were able to customize it in the setting, but it is so hidden I’ve basically given up trying to find it or it’s no longer an option. Also, I just tried sharing video contents with captions, and... there’s a major glitch. If you try to finagle with the cursor it completely wipes out everything you’ve typed. This is a simple glitch. Please fix it. I used iphone 12, iOS 14.4.1, KakaoTalk Version 9.2.3
It’s Good But Can Seriously Use Some Upgrades
I hopped back on to KakaoTalk after hearing how WhatsApp was bought out from FB and how our data is no longer safe (meaning they’re tracking us and listening in on us). And since none of my American friends are using it, I needed to convince them to move from WhatsApp to this app. However, adding friends was a huuuuuge problem! Even if we were both in each other’s contact list (in our phone), KakaoTalk would give us an error message saying that we can’t add people who we’ve never talked to before, yet some stranger was able to message/ask my friend to “add” them. Eventually it worked bc I went through the “search” and typed in her number manually again. So that needs a fixing! People you have numbers for and they appear on your “friends” list but you can’t talk to them.
Another thing is the GIF, why is it not in the menu option?! You have to have it as part of your keyboard, it would basically take you out of the messaging part and then it doesn’t have a space for you to write a message with the GIF like WhatsApp does!
However, with all of that being said, the app is really cute! With lots of cute stickers (and a lot more if you feel like paying for them!)
Love it! But . . .
I love everything about this app, it’s so customizable, cute, creative, and just, amazing! There is a very bothering issue that I really don’t like though. When you are in a very active group chat, you may have up to over 600 notifications a day, and having that much notifications on my phone REALLY drains its battery. I personally am not on group chats very often, so notifications for them aren’t important. I decided to mute them, but the badges on the app still appear, and my battery STILL drains quickly because of it. You may say to just turn off notifications completely, but I still want notifications for individual chats, as I don’t want to have to keep hopping back onto the app over and over again to check if I have new messages. Adding a feature which allows you to completely disable or mute group chat notifications without having badges too would be AMAZING, and the app would then be perfect for me. Please consider this suggestion! Overall, amazing app!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kakao Corp.
- 625.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © KAKAO Corp
- In-App Purchases
- Item Ticket $1.99
- 200 CHOCO $1.99
- Item Ticket $2.99
- 300 CHOCO $2.99
- Item Ticket $3.99
- Feel Happy Emoticons $1.99
- Welcome back Tuzki! $1.99
- Drive Plus $1.99
- Smilebrush Emoticon $1.99
- The idle life of Molang $1.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.