KakaoTalk is a messaging and video calling app. It’s fast, fun, simple, and reliable. With more than 150 Million users worldwide, KakaoTalk connects people and the world. KakaoTalk works across mobile, desktop and wearable devices. Enjoy KakaoTalk anytime, anywhere in real-time!
KakaoTalk is now available on Watch OS.
- Check your recent chat history including group chats, 1:1 chats and chats in My Chatroom.
- Respond faster with emoticons and quick reply
- Reply with voice from Watch devices
- Record and play voice memos
※ KakaoTalk on Watch OS must be synced with your KakaoTalk on mobile.
· Simple, fun and reliable messaging in every network
· Make group chats with unlimited number of friends
· See who read your messages with unread count feature
· The easiest way to find new friends across the world who share the same interests
· Enjoy chats anonymously and share your interests, hobbies, and lifestyles
VOICE & VIDEO CALLS
· Enjoy 1:1 or group voice and video calls
· Change your voice with our Talking Tom & Ben voice filters
· Multitask while on voice & video calls
PROFILE & THEMES
· Change and customize your KakaoTalk with official and customized themes
· Create your profile with photos, videos, stickers, music and more!
· A variety of sticker collections that make chatting extra fun
· From popular stickers to the latest stickers, send as many stickers you want with Emotion PLUS
· View events and anniversaries scattered in different chatrooms at a glance
· Our Assistant Jordy will remind you of any upcoming events and help you manage schedules
OTHER AMAZING FEATURES
· Live Talk : real-time live chat and live streaming
· Kakao Channel : exclusive coupons & deals from your favorite brands
· Share your location and more!
Contact us at http://www.kakao.com/talk/en/contact
Follow us at http://twitter.com/kakaotalk
KakaoTalk is updated regularly in order to provide you a better service.
This update includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
If you’re a Korean, get it.
If you’re not, I don’t know why you would? I love the app. It’s super cute. However, when it comes to content sharing, it optimizes too much and completely destroys the integrity of the original content. (This may be highly subjective and the end users would probably never notice it. I’m in a tech industry and I think it’s very disruptive to the user experience esp the senders.) I know you were able to customize it in the setting, but it is so hidden I’ve basically given up trying to find it or it’s no longer an option. Also, I just tried sharing video contents with captions, and... there’s a major glitch. If you try to finagle with the cursor it completely wipes out everything you’ve typed. This is a simple glitch. Please fix it. I used iphone 12, iOS 14.4.1, KakaoTalk Version 9.2.3
Horrible app that hogs up local storage space
I hardly ever leave reviews, but KakaoTalk is a special kind of bad. It is by far, the worst app I’ve ever used. Any media that is shared in chats will be stored locally on your phone, doesn’t matter if it’s been sent or received. For even moderate users of KakaoTalk, it’s not uncommon to see that KakaoTalk takes up gigs and gigs of space on your phone. For heavy users, KakaoTalk can take up all of the remaining storage space on your phone (we are talking 100+gb), and then give you messages saying the app can’t be used because it is out of storage in addition to your os getting cranky because other apps no longer have storage space to work with. KakaoTalk can use up more local storage space than you photo library containing tens of thousands of images, how crazy is that? There is an option to buy cloud storage from KakaoTalk to alleviate this problem, but unless you’re in Korea and have a Korean phone number, good luck trying to purchase it. Today, it was reported that the entire KakaoTalk network is down because of an incident at one data center. This is mind boggling. A service with such a large user base and one that powers other essential services like payments, has no redundancy and no resiliency to an issue in one (maybe their only?) data center. This is inexcusable and should be embarrassing for any “tech” company. Very difficult to trust KakaoTalk based on these very troubling issues with their app and service.
It’s Good But Can Seriously Use Some Upgrades
I hopped back on to KakaoTalk after hearing how WhatsApp was bought out from FB and how our data is no longer safe (meaning they’re tracking us and listening in on us). And since none of my American friends are using it, I needed to convince them to move from WhatsApp to this app. However, adding friends was a huuuuuge problem! Even if we were both in each other’s contact list (in our phone), KakaoTalk would give us an error message saying that we can’t add people who we’ve never talked to before, yet some stranger was able to message/ask my friend to “add” them. Eventually it worked bc I went through the “search” and typed in her number manually again. So that needs a fixing! People you have numbers for and they appear on your “friends” list but you can’t talk to them.
Another thing is the GIF, why is it not in the menu option?! You have to have it as part of your keyboard, it would basically take you out of the messaging part and then it doesn’t have a space for you to write a message with the GIF like WhatsApp does!
However, with all of that being said, the app is really cute! With lots of cute stickers (and a lot more if you feel like paying for them!)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kakao Corp.
- 449.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © KAKAO Corp
- In-App Purchases
- Item Ticket $2.19
- 200 CHOCO $2.19
- Item Ticket $3.29
- Drive Plus $1.99
- 300 CHOCO $3.29
- Emoticon Plus $5.99
- Item Ticket $4.39
- Feel Happy Emoticons $1.99
- Welcome back Tuzki! $1.99
- Smilebrush Emoticon $1.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.