KakaoTalk is an easy, no-cost, multifaceted messaging app. Send messages, photos, videos, voice notes and your location for free. Make chatting extra fun with an array of emoticons and sticker collections.
More about KakaoTalk:
- Chosen by more than 150 million users worldwide
- Fast, fun, easy way to communicate with friends and family
- Uses Internet connection (3G or Wi-Fi) for calls and messaging
- FAST: Speedy & reliable messaging no matter what your network
- FREE CHATS: FREE messages & multimedia (photos, videos, voice notes)
- FREE CALLS: High-quality voice & video calls (1:1 and group)
- EMOTICONS: Express it all with our included emoticons PLUS select from endless sticker collections in our Item Store
- GROUP CHAT: Chat with an unlimited number of friends
- PLUS FRIEND: Get coupons & deals from your favorite brands
- VOICE FILTER: Filter your voice calls for fun with Talking Tom & Ben voice filters
Other Standout Features:
- Share your location
- See who read your messages (unread count)
- Multitask during free calls (send messages in other chatrooms)
- Schedule appointments, lunches, gatherings (w/ reminders)
- Use KakaoTalk on any smartphone and PC (multi-platform)
- Have even more fun with Kakao mobile games
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
• Added Bookmark feature
: You can long-tap a message to bookmark and save for later.
• Updates on KakaoTalk Calendar
: You can now create your own calendar and manage events.
• Send bigger emojis by sending a single emoji in a chatroom.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
love this app
I really enjoy using KakaoTalk, I message my boyfriend everyday on the app with no problems as far as I know. I love KakaoTalk because you can change the font and theme on kakao.. but I recommend KakaoTalk to add more themes. KakaoTalk should also upgrade more for iPhone users, I’ve tried purchasing the emoticons before but it was really difficult and wouldn’t let me but than again I’ll make sure to try again.
KakaoTalk is nice and private, the messaging is fantastic I think. The emoticons are very cute and funny which makes KakaoTalk even better. I prefer KakaoTalk over the line app.. I think it works better and looks great. I really enjoy Kakao and I think people should definitely give it a try. In my opinion it’s a very very good messaging app to get in contact with others. I highly recommend this app to anyone who is reading my review. :)
Love it! But . . .
I love everything about this app, it’s so customizable, cute, creative, and just, amazing! There is a very bothering issue that I really don’t like though. When you are in a very active group chat, you may have up to over 600 notifications a day, and having that much notifications on my phone REALLY drains its battery. I personally am not on group chats very often, so notifications for them aren’t important. I decided to mute them, but the badges on the app still appear, and my battery STILL drains quickly because of it. You may say to just turn off notifications completely, but I still want notifications for individual chats, as I don’t want to have to keep hopping back onto the app over and over again to check if I have new messages. Adding a feature which allows you to completely disable or mute group chat notifications without having badges too would be AMAZING, and the app would then be perfect for me. Please consider this suggestion! Overall, amazing app!
There are many issues I wanna y’all about but right now I’ll just keep this short. Why does the app have to create an entirely new group chat when you choose the friends you want to call with? Even if there is already an existing group chat with everyone in it, it still creates a new one once you choose who to add to the call. It’s very annoying and unnecessary. Also, I would love if profile videos could be playable within Open Chats. The interface is also not very smooth like when I’m swiping out of chats and so on.
- Kakao Corp.
- 539.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © KAKAO Corp
- In-App Purchases
- Item Ticket $1.99
- 200 CHOCO $1.99
- Item Ticket $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.