Learn and understand the meaning of Gurbani from Siri Guru Granth Sahib using this easy to use audio book style app. Featuring over 600 hours of Gurbani Katha in Punjabi by Giani Thakur Singh and Giani Harbhajan Singh USA.
SPECIAL THANKS: The SikhNet Siri Guru Granth Sahib app is made available with the generous support of Avtar Singh Dhamija of Akal Engineers and Consultants Ltd, Canada. SikhNet thanks Avtar Singh for his incredible enthusiasm to help Gurbani reach as many people as possible.
SIKHNET: SikhNet makes a person’s spiritual journey relevant in the context of the modern world and the way people live now. We have helped connect the world-wide Sikh community through the internet since 1995. We are a platform for people to easily connect with the heart and wisdom of the Guru and with each other.
Visit us on-line at http://www.sikhnet.com/.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* Sleep Timer — Want to put a time limit on how long the Katha plays for? Now you have Sleep Timer feature to do that. Access it from the more "..." button on the Music Player bottom toolbar.
* Bookmark markers now show on the playback slider in Music Player. Now you know where the bookmarks on the current track are!
* Updated Japji Sahib Katha by Giani Thakur Singh without losing existing bookmarks.
* Fixed unexpectedly changing colors of certain UI elements.
* Fixed jumpy scroll bar on the main Kathas page.
* Fixed crash when opening app without internet connection.
* Improved internal stability.
What's New in Version 1.1?
* 12 New Katha — including Asa Di Vaar, Itehaas Patshahi 1 & 10, Japji Sahib Katha by Giani Thakur Singh
* Playlist Download Manager — option to download or delete all tracks in a playlist (press the cloud button in a playlist)
* Total Playback Time for each Katha — see how long each Katha is
* Improved handling of bookmark playback — when it downloads the track before playing
* Automatically plays currently selected track after its download completes
* Improved aesthetics of music player
* Bug and crash fixes
Thanks to all of you for using the KathaSGGS app and helping us make it better.
Ratings and Reviews
Boht vadiya sewa kiti tusi
Ehe app boht he vadiya app hai. I am just a simple person and everyone always tells me to do paath. However, mera apna opinion hai ke mere paath karan da koi faida nahi je menu paath da matlab he nhi pta. Menu mool mantar tak da matlab pta hai par os toh agge da matlab nhi pta. Mai research krn di koshish vi kiti ke menu koi audio mil jaaye jide wich full Guru Granth Sahib Ji di audio te os de meanings/explanations vi kite hon. Boht websites eda diyaan ne jidiyaan website de links ditte hoye ne par oho links unavailable ne. Boht saariyaan website eho jehiyaan vi ne jinna de vich gurmukhi ch te os de english translation vi kite gye ne. But ehe app jehri tusi bnaayi hai ode vich jehre tusi Guru Granth Sahib Ji di katha compile kiti hoyi hai volumes de vich, boht he helpful hai. Mai es app di varto jroor kru ga. Mool mantar boht he deep meaning de vich bhai sahib ne explain kita hai. Katha de vich boht he deep meaning de naal explain kita hoya hai. Ik ik akhar da meaning vi ditta hoya hai. Mai ehi labh reha si te menu mil gyi. Dhanwaad ji tuhada boht boht🙏🙏🙏🙏
A app with best functions
Beside the content of this app, I love all functions they put together, like adjusting speed and especially a sleep timer with option of “sleep after track ends”.
I wish if you could bring ability to add music from iPhone library or build a new “music player app” with similar functions.
Best Sikh app ever, UPDATE : fixed crash
Best Sikh app ever, but keeps crashing on iPhone7 after few seconds audio track
App seems working smoothly after deleting downloads and bookmarks
Thanks for great Sikh app ever.
The developer, SikhNet.com, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SikhNet LLC
- 49.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 SikhNet LLC