The KCBD Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Ok app, but ads are WAY too intrusive!!!
This app used to be one of my favorites. But I don’t like the layout, and worst of all, it’s unusable in a quiet environment because loud annoying videos start playing at random!!! MUTE THE ADS so I can use it when I want!!!
Less than mediocre; Better “free” apps than this
I’ve given this app plenty of chances but I’m done. The ads are way to intrusive and overwhelming. There are much better “free” weather apps that while still have ads, don’t shove them in your face and hinder the overall experience. In addition many of these other apps offer the option to pay a one time fee to remove the ads. Furthermore, the app is never updated and formatted for newer devices. The iPhone X has been out for almost a year and this app is still not formatted for the display. Considering that the app still hasn’t been formatted for the the iPhone 6 Plus, which is a 3 year old device (and no, stretching the app just just go fit the screen does not count as formatting it), I don’t have much hope that it will be updated for newer devices anytime soon. KCBD, if any of your app developers look at this, major changes need to be made. If you’re motto really is “Coverage you can count on”, then you should probably make services such as your mobile news and weather applications fit within that motto.
I’ve replaced my Weather Channel app I’ve used for several years with this one. I’ll agree with some of the other reviewers who do not like the amount of ads. I’m willing to pay a reasonable price ($2) for an ad-free version if it were available.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.