KEF Connect only works with LS50 Wireless II, LS60 Wireless, LSX II and LSX II LT
First generation LS50 Wireless and LSX please use KEF Control and/or KEF Stream app
The KEF Connect app gives you complete control over your musical experience, embracing and enhancing your listening habits. The intuitive interface gives you the freedom to:
- Easily onboard your KEF wireless speaker to your network
- Access all the music in the world through services including Spotify, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Qobuz, Deezer, Internet Radio and Podcasts
- Control playback, volume and input source selection
- Optimise your listening experience through Speaker Sound Settings – adjust the output of the speaker to better suit the room and your personal taste
- Customise settings such as sleep timer, auto-wake up source and child lock
Note: KEF Connect is only compatible with KEF wireless speaker products using the W2 platform. For earlier platform products (LS50 Wireless/LSX), please use the KEF Control and KEF Stream apps.
- Added power consumption usage for each standby mode
- Updated naming of subwoofer presets (for new Kube series and KC92)
- Added Kube 15 MIE subwoofer presets
- Updated Deezer logo
- Various improvements, bug and crash fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app just bugs
Biggest bug it I can not update the firmware on the speakers. It just gets stuck in update mode for hours.
A regular hdmi port instead of eARC would have been great. Earc is a nightmare because of hdcp. I can get sound through about a second and then the hdmi light starts to flash. Tried to connect CD player over hdmi and couldn’t get it to work even when outputting in 2Ch pcm. EArc is only for useful for people that use their smart tv app to watch tv and not many people that buy these speakers watch tv like this.
I have pretty solid wireless at my house, and this app has been pretty flawless in managing my LS50 II wireless speakers for quite some time now. I have been pleasantly surprised with how solid it has been compared to how buggy the original LS50 wireless app (I have a pair of those too ;)). I just tried upgrading my speakers to the latest firmware because I hadn’t used them in a while and it was painless.
I have easily been able to configure my speakers whenever I have needed to and regularly play from multiple sources without issues.
The only drawback is more of a Tidal issue in that Tidal does not let you use the physical volume controls when using Tidal Connect. As such, you have to open the app each time you want to make a change. Tidal still hasn’t fixed this after a few years.
I think I used wired connectivity for the first few firmware revisions but since then wireless has been problem free. 😌
Works fine an an M1 Mac
I have been using this app on my phone without problems and decided to see if it works on an M1 Mac. It works fine for me. The other reviews indicating it does not work are a year old, so perhaps things have been fixed.
Once I logged in, all my settings from my phone were there and my LSX IIs were discovered.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GP Acoustics (HK) Ltd
- 57.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2024, KEF