KeyKit Latin is a set of 9 elegant, versatile, and powerful keyboards for iOS.
Write in 24 Latin-based languages without switching keyboards. Use gestures to type faster and navigate text. Calculate mathematical expressions with a single tap. Choose between several themes per layout.
- 9 keyboards, 3 themes (Futuristic, Dark, Light), 3 layouts (QWERTY, KALQ for fast typing, French).
- In addition to English, glyphs from 24 Latin-based languages: Croatian, Czech, Danish, Belgian, Dutch, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
- Intuitive gestures: swipe right to insert a space, swipe left to delete, swipe down to SHIFT, swipe up on a key for extended glyphs, swipe right with 2 fingers for a period, swipe left with 2 fingers to delete a word, swipe down with 2 fingers for a new line, pan to move the cursor without covering the text.
- Powerful special functions: insert date and time, change the writing direction, calculate mathematical expressions.
- Unobtrusive opt-in autocorrect, with support for 11 languages: Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish.
- Different sound effects for feedback while typing fast.
- Written entirely in Apple’s new Swift language, designed for speed and efficiency.
- Keyboards work in all iOS 8 apps.
‣ Autocorrect learns from your typos and corrects
‣ Auto-capitalization after punctuations
‣ Cursor movement via panning moved to the top suggestion bar to avoid accidental cursor movements
‣ Major stability and memory usage improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Work in progress
The keybord is definitely quite appealing to ths eye, but it doean't quite work as well as it ought to. For one, there is no "autocorrect" gesture in the sense that I expected, that replaces words automatically when it's obvious what they're supposed to be. For someone like me who isn't 100% accurate all the time, that means I constantly, after almost every word, have to proofread what I've written and go back and change things. Secondly, the keyboard takes up so much space that it's impossible to see what you're writing sometimes. For instance, for this review I had to switch back to the standard iOS keyboard because I couldn't see what I had written. Generally seems to work ok for emails and texts though.
All in all, fix the few issues and this keyboard will be great. It's got the potential.
Where are the macrons?
Not all the vowels have a macron option. "a" and "i" do not have a macron key, which makes this app incomplete and not useable. The one star is for having some vowels correct.
Definitely a good Keyboard app
This was the type of Latin keyboard I was looking for. Thanks KeyKit!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.