As seen on the American Academy of Pediatrics parenting web site, www.HealthyChildren.org.
Is your child sick? Whether you're on the go or at home, this app will help you know what to do next.
What should you do if your child develops a fever, cough, vomiting, rash, sore throat or head injury? When can your child return to school or child care after an illness? These are medical advice questions that all parents have. Health problems can arise anytime – evenings, weekends, when you’re at work or traveling or your doctor’s office is closed.
KidsDoc is designed especially for these times. The care guides help you make smart decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide speedy symptom relief for minor illnesses or injuries you can manage on your own.
KidsDoc is derived from the clinical protocols used by pediatricians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice call centers in the US and Canada. They have been tested for 16 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
Easy 3-step navigation:
1. Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide
2. Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action
3. Follow the self care advice to make your child more comfortable
The care guide that best matches your child’s symptom can be located quickly by using the alphabetical index, body area index, or keyword search.
Content - each symptom care guide contains:
* Definition which describes the focus of the care guide so you can decide if it’s a good fit for your child's problem. If not, there are quick links to related care guides.
* Decision Chart which helps determine what action is suggested based on the severity and description of your child's symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as Call 911, Call Your Child’s Doctor Now, Call Your Child’s Doctor within 24 hours or Manage at Home.
* Immediate Connections to medical help, such as 911, your child’s doctor or nearby Emergency Department (ER) are available if you have phone service.
* Home Care Advice is available for any illnesses and injuries that can be safely treated at home. The instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
* Medication and Allergy List for tracking important information about your family’s prescriptions and/or over the counter medications.
* Pediatric dosage tables by weight for common over-the-counter medications.
* Visual images to help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites & stings.
* First Aid topics and illustrations to support immediate action, if needed.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think your child may have a medical emergency, call the doctor or 911 immediately. Before using KidsDoc, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application within More > Terms and Conditions.
Ratings and Reviews
Worth its weight in gold
I’ve never written an app review but this one deserves it. This was recommended to us years ago by an ER doc treating our daughter. We’ve turned to it time and again. The recommendations it had for our 12 week old son matched what the regional children’s hospital also recommended. It’s a valuable tool and great peace of mind. Can’t recommend enough to other parents.
I don’t write reviews but....
This is a very valuable app. I paid for years ago when my daughter was little ( she is almost 7) and now it is very helpful for our second child who is 6 months old.
Only app I have ever purchased.
As an RN I can’t express how important it is for parents to have this app. It explains treatment, symptoms, what to expect, when to go to the ER vs Urgent Care vs Doctors appointment or care at home. Truly and excellent app. The only app I have ever purchased and it was well worth it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Self Care Decisions
- 25 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2021 Self Care Decisions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.