"Koder for iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code on Your iPad"
-- GIZMODO / App of the day --
"Koder’s simple yet efficient interface is designed for touch editing. At just $5.99, you get an editor with a well-designed interface at a great price. If you want to code with your trusty iPad, then Koder is for you."
-- AppAdvice --
"An accomplished code editor for many programming languages"
-- 148Apps --
"Editing code on your iPad should never be that difficult again"
"The developers at iCodeLabs have done a great job optimizing the iPad’s real estate for code editing"
"The app for instant project creation and code editing, perfect for developers and programmers on the go."
-- Koder was listed on the App Store as a 'Staff Favorites' in 82 countries --
Koder is a code editor for iPad and iPhone. It does have many features including syntax highlighting, snippet manager, tabbed editing, find and replace code, editor theme, remote and local files connections, and many more.
With Koder you can code anytime and anywhere, no matter if you're at your desk or while on the go
- Code Autocomplete
- Code Function list
- Access and Manage your Dropbox, (S)FTP, webdav and local files easily
- Built In Terminal (SSH Client)
- Tabbed editing
- Extra Keyboard with Custom Key (Snippet)
- Document Picker Support to open/import/export other app files from/to Koder
- Find and replace code
- Previewer Browser with View Source function
- Editor theme with Custom Theme Editor
- Extra Key / Additional Keys on Virtual Keyboard with open+close brackets keys
- Screen-Lock, Manual and Auto Lock
- Extracting Zip File on Local project
- Sophisticated File Browser
- iOS "Open In" support, from Koder to other app - vice versa
- Change file/folder permission (CHMOD) on FTP/SFTP projects
- Folder Synchronization between Local Project and FTP Project
- Uploading files from desktop from browser or iTunes sharing
- Expandable editing space
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- and many more …
- Support multitasking for iPad
- Support editing files from Working Copy using drag and drop
BUG REPORT/ PROBLEMS/ IDEAS :
If you have any problems when using Koder, or you have ideas for Koder improvement, please mention us or message us directly at twiter @koderapp
Watch Koder on YouTube :
- Syntax highlight for Arduino & Phyton
- Fixed crashing when open file
- Fixed dropbox connection
Ratings and Reviews
Doing it right
So many editors are awful. This one doesn’t lose your work and does what it needs to do. SFTP/FTP SSH all quick and no issues.
Confusing when uploading to save files & the UX for open files
The best app on the entire app store at least for computer programming students and for even pro coder on the GO! The app is has simple design with minimum feature so it is easy to use. Few glitches here and there but for the price of “Free” I could not ask for more.
I was surprised how easy it was to connect to servers like omega and the Best part I can easily copy and move around files in my sftp server.
I would gladly pay couple of buck for this app.
I am looking forward to Onedrive integration and a little more robust experience.
This is a text editor thank the Gods
I just wanted a text editor. I write scripts. This works for free and I see no ads. Thanks to the dev!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.