iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, and even Korg's Kaoss Pad technology. Plus, you can share your songs online via the SoundCloud!
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad. It consists of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with the patching capability, plus a 16-step analog sequencer based on the Korg SQ-10, a six-part drum machine which can create drum parts by simply tapping the buttons, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
In addition, iMS-20 offers dual Kaoss Pads allowing you to generate music by simply stroking the pad and moving your fingers over it. Experiment to come up with wild musical phrase! And with access to the SoundCloud audio platform*, you can publish your songs, or collaborate on ideas with people anywhere in the world from within the app!
• MS-20 monophonic synthesizer : 1 unit
• Analog sequencer : 1 unit
• 6-part drum machine : 1 unit
• Mixer : 1 unit
• Song/Pattern composer : 1 unit
MS-20 monophonic synthesizer:
• Analog modeling synthesizer (MS-20 modeled by “CMT” Component Modeling Technology)
• 2VCO / 2VCF / 1VCA / 2EG / Patch Panel
• Additional functions : Modulation Key/Tempo Sync
• Insert effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• 16-step analog sequencer
• Control notes, volume, pan, parameters, and voltages via knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types)
• Trigger out per channel or step position
6-part drum machine:
• 6-part/16-step drum machine
• Create sounds by sampling a single note from a built-in MS-20
• Controllable notes, volume and pan by knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types) per a part
• 7-channel mixer
• Double needle meter indicates VU level
• Master effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• Compose a song or select a pattern, built-in mixer
• 16 patterns and 256 bars per a song
• Tempo setting (20-300 BPM) and Swing function
• 14 types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Chorus/Flanger, Equalizer, Compressor, Tube Simulator (Valve Force), Low-Pass Filter, High-Pass Filter, Band-Pass Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Grain Shifter
• Keyboard : Variable width (22, 26, or 29 keys)
• Kaoss Pad : 2 units
- Performance pad : Key/Scale (31 types) settings
- Parameter control pad : X-Y axis parameter settings
• Audio export function (Bouncing a song or pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud audio platform
• Various template patterns by music genre are included
• Various template sounds by sound category are included
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
Improved app stability.
Ratings and Reviews
New Favorite Instrument!
I use the iMS-20 on my iPad 2. I have several other synth apps, but none I have found offer such a vast combination of sound generation possibilities. This app does it all, if you take the time to learn about this program. The info in the manual is great for beginners, too.
With enough knowledge, one can emulate virtually any musical instrument and produce an entire composition from rhythm to lead.
This app offers so much for so little, compared to prices of physical synth machines. You can even utilize dual kaossilator pads or a virtual keyboard for live performing or recording.
If you make music or are interested in learning how to create electronic beats, this app is a must have. As a newcomer to synthesis, the challenge of understanding, alone, is enough to occupy my focus for hours.
My favorite aspect to using this app, are the results I see while merely using the app. Becoming familiar with the array of variations and manipulations available will perhaps keep me entertained and learning for years to come!
Korg Has Done It The Best
High price for an app but definitely a steal. Can I just say one word. MIDI! Put your iPad in an Alesis IOdock and connect a midi device. For example: MAudio keyboard etc. I am surprised they haven’t raised the price on this. The best time to catch it is during the holidays when apps normally go on sale. And thank you so much Korg for the continual updates.
Korg always leaves me hanging…
Just got this and, I don’t know why I am surprised, but here I am, and this is another great example of a half baked product that the company obviously doesn’t care about maintaining. The interface is not clear and/or easy to figure out, the whole thing is rendering with obvious unintended overlap on the screen of my 2021 iPad Pro 11”, and the user manual does not even appear, when I select it in the menu. This really should be made illegal; if they don’t intend to keep supporting software in the future, a developer should be prevented from being able to sell it, unless there is a given and acknowledged disclaimer that the software will not be touched for maintenance updates. I’m giving it 2 stars because it sounds like it should, but missing 3 stars because the standalone version of the app no longer is functional as a compositional tool, because of obvious neglect by the devs at Korg. I feel VERY disappointed that I threw away $30 on this app. Thanks for nothing, Korg. 👎🏼👎🏼
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KORG INC.
- 45.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2022 KORG INC.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.