KyBook is the application for reading and cataloging e-books in a modern, user-friendly style.
KyBook supports all the major e-book formats, OPDS catalogs and Cloud Storage.
• All the major e-book formats
• OPDS catalogs
• Comfortable reading mode
• Powerful annotations
• Handy cataloguer
• Cloud Storage
• EPub (DRM-free)
• PDF (DRM-free)
• MobiPocket and Kindle (mobi, azw3)
• FictionBook (fb2, fb2.zip)
• Comic Book (cbr, cbz, cbt)
• Audio Book (mp3, m4a, m4b)
• Plain and rich text (txt, rtf)
• Provides access to enormous collection of free electronic books through OPDS-catalogs support.
• Built-in list of well-known OPDS Catalogs
• Allows add own catalog (e.g. Calibre content server)
• Supports for .onion OPDS Catalogs reachable via Tor Network
Comfortable reading mode
• Themes, color schemes for reading (day, night, sepia and more).
• Page turn with scroll, curl and slide.
• Designed to be fast, energy efficient, optimized for very large books (books in millions of words)
• Auto scrolling mode
• Text-to-speech technology to voice any e-book
EPUB/FB2/MOBI specific features
• Customizable font, text size, page margins, paragraph indentation, background and more
• Typography aware (hanging punctuation, hyphenations and more)
PDF/DJVU specific features
• Crops a page margins in manual and automatic mode
• Smart zooming by double-tap
• PDF Reflow on iPhone
• Page text recognition (OCR)
• Marked text and bookmarks
• Drawn annotations in any ebook (Apple Pencil support and just by touching).
• Annotations exports in Markdown, HTML, PDF, RTF formats.
Built-in the summary editor
• Markdown formatting.
• Exports summaries in Markdown, HTML, PDF, RTF formats.
Working with fragments of text
• Translation of separate words or complete sentences in different languages.
• Search for a word definition in dictionaries.
• Custom dictionaries in Dictd, StarDict and Lingvo DSL format
• Full text searching in a book (textual, fuzzy and search using regular expressions).
• Built-in search for a selected text on the Internet or Wikipedia.
• Grouping by categories: by authors, subjects, sequences, publishers, tags, popular, recent, new, unread, reading and finished.
• Tags and collections to categorize ebooks.
• Search for books in the library and anywhere in the Internet.
• Own folders tree and flexible bookshelf settings for layout and sorting.
• Arranging books on a bookshelf by dragging.
Working with a metadata and a table of contents
• Automated extraction of a metadata from ebooks.
• Convenient editing of a metadata.
• Editing and creation (automatic or manual) of a table of contents.
• Locally on the device.
• In the Cloud Storage (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Yandex Disk).
• In the Local network on Shared Folders (SMB/CIFS) or on WebDAV server
• Transparent caching of books in the Internet or Local network.
• Supports of streaming audio books in Cloud Storage.
• Content Server for accessing files on the device via a WiFi.
Synchronization (requires subscription)
• Syncs all ebooks metadata and files.
KyBook offers the following subscriptions options:
• 3 months: 4.49 USD
• 1 year: 14.99 USD
Prices may vary in other countries respecting your local currency exchange rate. Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account. At the end of the term, unless auto-renewables subscriptions are disabled, your subscription will automatically renew in your iTunes account. You will be charged for the regular price of your subscription within 24 hours prior to the end of the current term. You can turn off automatic renewal in your iTunes account settings at any time, but you must do so at least 24 hours before the end of the current term. Refunds will not be provided for the unused portion of any term.
- Fixed the issue with clipped text in PDF Reflow.
- Added the ability to change text size in PDF Reflow mode.
- PDF page is rendered in the current theme when the PDF Reflow mode is on.
- The application now remembers the Reflow mode for the recent open PDF book.
- Various minor improvements and bugfixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The best out there.
This is a truly wonderful and incredibly powerful reader app. The features that you have at your disposal here are unbelievably intuitive...and when compared with 95% of other reader apps, it’s head and shoulders above the competition. If you have an iPad or other tablet with a decent sized screen, say 7” or more, then you are in store for a real treat! I have the 12+” IPad Pro and I find myself delighting in looking at my digital books in their library almost as much as I like reading the actual books! This is due to all the really cool customization features that are included within...beware though....it is extremely addictive!!! I have zero complaints. Do yourself a favor and grab this app and start building a custom library of beautiful digital books! What? Don’t like the cover art on a particular book? Would you have done better, you think? Well, same here! Guess what...just like the pages of The Good Book (as highlighted in Stephen King’s “The Shawshank Redemption”)...”salvation lies within”! Jump on in here with me, my friends....the water is fine!
Was a great app
Version 2 was great, awesome, unique and a must install. Now version 3 and not much has changed but a new pricing model. Why??!??? I paid lads than three months ago and would not mind to upgrade to version 3. Show me the benefits and what is better about. Why not have a discount for version 2 holders? Then on top of that you have a subscription mode? Why do you give me a pro “upgrade” model and then ask for subscription? Ugh. Did Adobe or Microsoft buy you or something. Another day another app that wants to jump on the SAAS model. Very unhappy. I guess I will convert all mobi and epub to pdf or just import into iBooks. Another app down the tube. What is the point of a “subscription” model for this? I understand making some money and keeping it updated so charge me a flat fee. I use it once a month or so, so I am not doing the rolling subscription. Uninstalling and keeping version 2 until a response is heard or you roll back on the decision. I have a cloud subscription for iCloud so why can’t I download and sync with that? I have all my ebooks there already and would love it to see your team utilize iCloud fully. Why get in the business of making a book storage server? Apple and Google can do it way better and cheaper. Please rethink this and stick to what you are good at. Creating a book reader. If this continues I hope Apple buys this app and rolls it into iBooks. Win-win for me. Thanks anyway.
Is better support for Chinese language possible?
It’s the best offline e-book reader I can find, but as one who read in both English and Chinese, I would be really happy if some features are improved. 1. Lack of support of GBK Encoding. GBK is one of the few encoding methods for Simplified Chinese. This (lacking of) makes some e-books impossible to read in this software. 2. Kind of weird typesetting. Certain punctuations arranged wrongly, e.g., according to the Chinese typesetting rules “》” should never be the first character of a line. 3. Can’t assign font for certain book, only global settings available. This is important because different fonts support (or are designed for) different languages. For example, when trying to use the stock font Georgia to display Chinese characters, it fallbacks to Pinfang (the default Apple font for Chinese). And when trying to use my daily drive Chinese font Source Han Serif to display a chunk of English, it displays some punctuations weirdly. It would be okay if one favors sans-serifs, they can simply use Pinfang, but not me. Also, some books (I think) mark the wrong section (that is, the whole book) as sans serif, and some don’t, so I would also need this function if I’m an English-only reader.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Konstantin Bukreev
- 55.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Unrestricted Web Access
- © Konstantin Bukreev
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro $4.99
- 3 months subscription $4.49
- Yearly subscription $14.99
- Upgrade to Pro (Discount) $2.99