Los Angeles Daily News eEdition for iOS - Covering the largest county in the United States, it is the best source of local news, sports and entertainment information. Los Angeles Daily News eEdition now available 24/7 everywhere you are. The iPad app is an exact replica of the printed newspaper with customizable features to fit your needs.
The app allows you to access the paper when you’re offline, on the road or in flight. Easy to save the information you want for later.
Stay connected to the events in your world with Los Angeles Daily News eEdition iOS app!
- Local & National News
- Sport Scores
-- Subscription information --
While the app is free, a subscription will be required to access content. You have the option of purchasing a monthly subscription inside of the app for $9.99.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• To enable a purchase from another iPad or restore your subscription after clearing your device, please select your payment option and use the "Restore iTunes Sub." button.
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription permitted. Cancellation is effective after the end of the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Fixes for iOS 13
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Functional - but irritating bugs
The app does let me read each day’s edition, but it has annoying glitches. One, the font size default is too small. I can pinch and zoom to increase it, but the next time I launch the app it has returned to the default. It doesn’t retain font size preferences. The other, even worse bug happens when I’m in the middle of an article and I switch into another app, even for a brief moment. When I switch back, it automatically scrolls up to the top of the article I’m reading, losing my place. This is a usability problem and needs to be fixed!
Offline is broken!
This app works and retrieves the paper as promised. That said, it doesn’t cache previous days according to the selected days Settings, nor does the Settings tab contain other functionality like auto-download as stated in the sparse documentation.
This type of e-reader is used by other publications (WSJ) and functions as advertised. The primary bug in Daily News is that offline doesn’t work with previous days, and given the relatively small pamphlet size editions now published by local newspapers, it is feasible that one might want to view several days while offline.
What happened, I installed this two months ago, it worked fine. Three days ago white screen only. How does one fix this. Re-installing doesn't work as the previous posts state.
- Los Angeles Newspaper Group
- 65.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © LA Daily News
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.