From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Ventura County Star app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.vcstar.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we're fixing bugs and improving performance!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very easy APP To navigate. Love it!
I’ve been a VC Star subscriber for a few years . I would normally received the hard copy in my porch. Now I prefer the online access and using this APP is the most easiest way to do it! I now just wake up , grab my cup of coffee, grab my iPad and enjoy the morning news.
Too many ads!
What happened to the hometown simple to read newspaper we loved ... it now feels like I'm reading the LA TIMES and having trouble finding articles. I most dislike the new obituaries, hard to read with multitudes of ads in the page and the need to keep going to another page. Also taking away the comments by readers makes it less interesting.
Good local and national news
Since moving to Ventura from Los Angeles we have enjoyed getting local news through the Ventura Star. While more conservative leaning than I enjoy they do provide the local news in a through manner.
- 289.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ventura County Star $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.