Build your Lakota vocabulary with Lakota Language Consortium’s FREE vocabulary game for your phone or tablet. Quiz yourself everyday to learn different categories – wild animals, food, drinks, and more! The free version of the app includes:
> 20 culturally-relevant categories designed by Lakota speakers
> 10-25 words per category, for a total of 200-500 words!
> Audio pronunciation and visual aid for each word in the category
> Quiz yourself by matching English words to Lakota words, and vice versa
> Progress through levels to unlock new words
> Track your progress and review words you’ve learned by category or activity
Additional categories are available (~40 categories, and growing!) with purchase of the app, for only $0.99!
After downloading and opening the app, choose ‘Download New Words’ to get started on learning Lakota vocab!
Whether you are learning on your own, or taking a beginner’s Lakota class, Lakota Vocab Builder will help build your confidence in using new Lakota words!
Designed for learning that is memorable and fun!
Each word you match correctly increases your score, and each level you finish unlocks a new one! Words that are not matched correctly are repeated until you master them. This repetition method is an effective learning strategy.
About the Lakota Language Consortium...
Lakota Language Consortium provides accessible language-learning tools and resources – textbooks, apps, dictionaries and more - to help preserve Lakota. Get to know us at http://www.lakhota.org and check out some of our other Lakota products!
Questions? Concerns? Please let us know!
We’re always working to improve our Lakota language-learning products. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please send us an email at email@example.com
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Good idea, but give users more freedom to choose what to learn
I like the concept. Great way to build vocab if you're starting from zero.
I have 3 major problems with this app.
1. You can't get to the next level until you go through ALL the exercises. If I'm working on this in public with no headphones, I'm stuck until I can get someplace quiet to listen -- I can't choose to skip the listening section.
2. Related to #1: I did a factory reset on my phone, and now if I want to use this app, I'm going to have to start again from zero because it didn't save my place.
3. The exercise where you drag the letters into the right order can get annoying -- it won't let you "backspace" on just 1 letter, it resets the whole thing. It's a lot of work and causes physical pain if you have carpal tunnel. And again, the way the app is set up, you can't just elect to skip this exercise.
If you're not a total beginner, but want to brush up on vocab in a particular area, this app is *not* for you. They won't let you just choose a vocab set you need to work on --You have to do it all.
Simple fix: If they would just unlock the levels so people could choose what they want to learn, I would give this app 5 stars.
I’m really excited about the app! I am unfortunately having an issue with the audio. The audio is not working at all ....
I also wish I could navigate backwards through the lessons as well. I tried skipping ahead to see if the sound would work in the next part and now I missed that entire part of the lesson.
Good start, needs work
I'm excited to see a Lakota flash card app that includes audio. I like the books and CDs from this company, so hopefully this app will improve and be as useful. Not so good points on this app because you have no ability to choose what topic you want to begin with to study; they lock all topics forcing you to follow their predetermined sequence. Don't do that, anyone with a slight interest will find this off putting. Second, not all the words fit on the screen. I don't know if this was accidental or if the cards were scaled to fit a screen larger than a 5s, but I'm not seeing some of the letters in some words. It's a shame because on the same card 1/3 of the screen is vacant spacing around the pic or choices. Scale things to optimize the space available. My rating will improve when the app does.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Lakota Language Consortium, Inc.
- 3.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Lakota Language Consortium 2015
- In-App Purchases
- Lakota Vocab Builder Pro $0.99