LAMP Words For Life™ is a robust augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) app that combines the power of the PRC Unity® language system with Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP™) principles and strategies. LAMP™ is a therapeutic approach based on neurological and motor learning principles that addresses the language development and communication needs of individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. It provides a consistent motor pattern per word so that automaticity can develop. With thousands of frequently used words pre-stored and the ability to store customized vocabulary, the app allows for unlimited language growth opportunities. With the focus on access to individual words, the communicator can put words together to express their own thoughts in a manner consistent with normal language development.
It is appropriate for anyone from beginning communicators who are just learning that they can affect those around them to skilled communicators with advanced language skills. Language development in typically developing children occurs through the combination of a consistent motor pattern, the sound that motor pattern produces, and the reaction they get from the environment. LAMP™ presents vocabulary in the same manner so those language connections can be developed.
LAMP Words For Life™ app is symbol based for those who are not yet literate; however, those symbols are paired with text to support literacy development. The vocabulary, structure, and teaching approach are based on research and clinical experience.
* High-quality Ivona text-to-speech voices and ability to add Acapela voices, The VoiceKeeper unique voice or VocalID unique voice
* Pre-stored core and fringe words
* English and bilingual English/Spanish vocabulary files
* Vocabulary Builder: Allows chosen words to be visible while the remaining vocabulary is hidden
* Word Finder: Helps the user find where words are stored
* Ability to store customized vocabulary and edit individual buttons
* 1 year free iShare access
* Capability to migrate vocabulary files from Accent with NuVoice & iOS-based devices
* Data Logging with ability to automatically sync with Realize Language™ for analysis
Three vocabulary levels within the app support language development from any skill level:
An introductory level features 83 core words that are only one touch away for immediate reinforcement.
A transition level requires a second button to be pressed before hearing those initial 83 core words paired with additional vocabulary. This level allows for the learning of extended motor patterns without the visual distractions of the full vocabulary file.
The full vocabulary file gives the device user access to verb conjugations and word endings such as + s, + er, and + est. It includes 3,000+ words and allows for the customization of personalized vocabulary such as names, favorite foods, and favorite places.
Visit www.aacapps.com for more information on the app and for more information and training on the LAMP™ approach visit www.aacandautism.com.
Prentke Romich Company (PRC) is a pioneer in the field of assistive technology and augmentative communication. For more information about AAC products and services, visit www.prentrom.com.
It’s not enough to be up to date, we are always working toward tomorrow.
New in this release:
Minor Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
My son loves this app but the volume is kinda low. Today I put it on maximum volume but could barely hear him while driving. It’s fine if your at home with no noise otherwise it’s difficult to hear. Please fix.
When it works, it’s great.
When the app works, it’s great. It gives my son a voice. When it doesn’t (quiet common lately) it robs him of his voice.
- randomly swaps vocabulary
- freezes on vocabulary screen
- freezes on main screen
- allows one selection then freezes
These aren’t just, occasional “restart the app” fixes. These are recurring on a daily basis, and I’ve spent hours upon hours attempting to fix this for my son to enable him to communicate with a voice.
This is easily a 5 star app, but considering the fact that some days we can’t even utilize the app, it’s barely worthy of 1 star. I’m giving it 2 stars because he’s so happy to be able to communicate when it is working.
Love this app
Recommend a bilingual voice. For example one that can say English and Spanish words in same sentence. That being said the Spanish vocabulary is a wonderful addition. Keep up the great work!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Prentke Romich Company
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Prentke Romich Company (PRC). All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- US Child Voice - Josh $11.99
- US Child Voice - Ella $11.99
- Bilingual English/Spanish Child Voice Emilio $23.99
- Bilingual English/Spanish Child Voice Valerina $23.99
- US Adult Female Voice Tamira $0.00
- US Adult Voice Ryan $11.99
- US Adult Voice Heather $11.99
- US Child Voice Scott $11.99
- En/Es Voices Rod/Rodrigo $23.99
- US Adult Voice Micah $11.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.