Launcher is the original app launching widget -- and still the best!
Now with version 3, Launcher has far and away the most powerful widgets on the App Store. When you install it, you get up to 6 widgets (with in-app purchase) which can be added to Notification Center on your iPhone or iPad so that they're just one swipe away!
Top 10 Productivity App in over 80 countries and counting!
"It belongs on everyone’s iDevice for one-swipe access to favorites" - AppAdvice.com
"One of the most flexible widgets out there." - Gizmodo.com
"It will speed up your iOS usage in a real way." - Tidbits.com
"One of the best time-saving apps out there." - BusinessInsider.com
Why worry about what apps to put in your dock or your home screen when you can put dozens of app, web, music and contact launchers in your Launcher widgets? Unlike the dock or home screen, Notification Center can always be accessed with one swipe even if you're in an app, an app folder or even the lock screen.
With just one tap in the Notification Center you can:
- Call, message, email, and facetime the people you contact the most.
- Get directions home or search for nearby restaurants, coffee shops, or whatever you're looking for at your current location.
- Quickly access your favorite web sites.
- Perform actions within a number of apps. Run Workflows, load a specific page on Facebook, fire off a canned email or message, tweet, and more.
- See current weather conditions and forecasts, Uber time estimates, driving or transit time estimates, world clocks, and network, disk, and battery status with dynamically updating magic launchers! (Pro Version only)
- Start playing your favorite music immediately with music launchers.
- Launch your most frequently used apps -- thousands of apps built-in. (NOTE: Not all apps on your device are supported, see the NOTE below)
- Folders. Save space and keep your launchers more organized by grouping them into folders.
- Launcher for Apple Watch: Initiate calls, messages, map directions and music from your wrist.
- Launcher triggers: Get a notification to launch an app at set times or locations.
- Backup and restore launchers to and from iCloud.
- Innovative auto-setup of launchers which will set up contact launchers for the people most important to you and your most frequently used apps.
- Incredibly easy setup and editing of launchers. Just a few taps and you're done.
- Ability to create custom launchers for apps and actions that aren't yet supported.
- Pro Version users get the ability to change the icon sizes and hide labels to make widget more compact.
- Great accessibility for the sight-impaired.
- Siri Shortcut support. Run launchers with your voice.
All of this is available for free!
Unlock up to 6 total widgets (with an in-app purchase) for more space for launchers, better organization, and the ability to show or hide widgets based on day, time and/or location. Set up specific widgets for morning, weekends, home, work, the gym, etc. and always have relevant launchers just a swipe away. Multiple widgets not available on iPhone 4S.
Upgrade to the Pro Version (with an in-app purchase) to enable more rows of launchers and customize the size of each widget by changing the size of the icons and/or hiding the labels.
Please support further development on the app by unlocking Multiple Widgets or the Pro Version today.
NOTE: If you don't see an app in your Installed Launchable list when adding a new app launcher, try searching for it instead. This is a new restriction placed on the app by App Review.
* NOTE: Launcher cannot support launching of every app you have installed. Only certain apps that can be launched by third party apps are supported. We strive to keep our list of launchable apps as complete as possible and we're adding new apps every week. If you have any apps that aren't currently supported by Launcher now, please fill in the following form:
- Fix for bug when reordering widgets.
- Shows more locations in launcher trigger screen.
- Fixes music controls not showing in certain sized widgets.
- Fix for visual glitch with a long list of locations in widget location screen.
- Fix for multi contact launchers changes sometimes not getting saved properly.
- Add more calendar apps for Calendar magic launchers.
- Updates for upcoming iOS release.
- Other bug fixes.
If you like Launcher, please consider writing a review in the App Store. They really help us out. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
My absolute favorite app
I try a lot of apps. I'll get really excited about an app I saw on the App Store or heard about from a friend or podcast and try it. And I usually use it for a few days or even a few weeks before I lose interest because it only does a couple useful things or I realize it doesn't really do what I need.
But Launcher has been my absolute favorite app from the moment I downloaded it a couple years ago. And it continues to add features that make it so much easier to do the most important things I need to do on my phone. With one swipe, I have everything I need just a click away. I can call my husband, get directions home, text my favorite people, go right to a specific web page, turn on/off my lights, Shazam a song I hear on the radio or in a store, or check Facebook instantaneously. I can set up separate launchers for work vs home. I can even set them up based on time of day so I can quickly do the things I need to do when I wake up, go to bed, and all day in between.
There have been a couple times when I had trouble adding a launcher, so I contacted the developer, and he was super responsive in adding access to the app I was looking for, and every time there's an update, I find even cooler ways I can shortcut my workflows. It is so rare to find an app that exceeds my expectations. But Launcher does that every day. And it saves me a TON of time, which is invaluable.
Thank you! To the genius developer who came up with these amazing time savers
Wow! Is all the comes to mind when tried a few years ago. My iPhone broke without a warranty, And could not replace with new one for a year and a half. Decided to reinstall and try out pro version and my Wows! Are tripled at not how much smoother and quick it is, but am amazed at the large number of new and more efficient things you guys have added; especially for the magic launcher for timer. Now if my watch is dead and want to set a timer, I don’t have to double click the home button, find the app The timer is on, then daouble click to go back to my apple nusuc, Facebook, etc., I can just slide down, then left and shows timer; of which is still counting time and showing it counting inside the widget. Amazing! Thank you for saving me lots of time throughout the day, and keeping my accidents on a bike down dramatically cuz of me trying to check msgs or mess with phone more than I should be when riding on-the-go.
Multiple In App Purchases Makes This Difficult To Rate More Highly
I’ve used this App for several years across multiple iPhones and iPads. As I tried to move widgets across platforms yesterday I was reminded of some shortcomings. I have purchased the app and paid for one upgrade only to be met with a second in app purchase to unlock the functionality I really need. I certainly don’t mind paying for apps (I’ve been doing this since day one of the first iPhone release), but an app like this shouldn’t have a multi tiered purchase in my opinon. This is all the more true as there are now totally free options which provide most of the functionality found here.
Also, there are any number of new apps not formally supported by Launcher. This also makes this app less useful to me.
If I could, I would give this two and a half stars at this point, but that isn’t an option. It certainly does provide some much needed convenience which Apple could incorporate into a native iOS release but never has bother to do so. Shortcuts isn’t remotely a competitor here. If you decide to buy, be aware of what you do, and don’t get with each tiered purchase. I suspect many will need to plunk down multiple purchases to get the real use out of Launcher.....
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry that you feel nickel and dimed with two in-app purchases in the app, that is certainly not my intention. The multiple widget feature tooks months of development and requires a server component in order to work properly, so having it be a second in-app purchase was necessary. It is a feature that has not been duplicated by any other app because of the complexity required in order to implement it properly. If you think the multiple widget feature is functionality that you need, I don't think $1.99 is too much to ask.
Please note that Launcher has been out for almost 5 years now and there are a total of 2 one-time in-app purchases. I keep adding new features to the app every year without charge. Compare that to many other apps out there with different levels of monthly or yearly subscriptions and I think you'll find Launcher's features to be a downright bargain.
- Cromulent Labs, Inc
- 88 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Cromulent Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $4.99
- Unlock Multiple Widgets $1.99
- Pro Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.